Author Topic: My car may be in a movie!!!!!!  (Read 1516 times)

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

Re: My car may be in a movie!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009 - 02:04:40 PM »
70burntorangeT/A, that's real cool!
Hope you get a few chips and scratches all over the Chally, and voila, a new show quality paintjob! :naughty:  ;)

Well the paint on it is about 3 months old and my dad painted the car and it is SLICK, we painted the whole car and sanded it with 600 untill the entire car was dull, then sanded it with 1500 before applying 2 more coats of burnt orange, then 4 coats of clear, then sanded the whole car with 2000 untill it was completely dull then buffed it.        And if they scratch it i will just have to get a whole new paint job, because there is no way they could ever blend it if they did a spot job
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline 71ChallengerSE

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009 - 02:37:22 PM »
That is super cool! Dont let them weld window frames on it though lol.

Don't let them get blood in the interior :faint:

goldengladiator

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009 - 04:02:53 PM »
My car is currently in a movie... that I'm acting it. And I've acted in some other movies. But they are all independent.

Make sure you don't sign any crazy papers. We always make people sign papers that we own their likeness in that film. Make sure you sign a "we repair damage" paper and not a "we might damage your car" paper. :) Just a heads up.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009 - 05:17:47 PM »
Cool beans! Sounds like a great opportunity!! Keep us posted!! :2thumbs:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009 - 07:13:07 PM »
My car is currently in a movie... that I'm acting it. And I've acted in some other movies. But they are all independent.

Make sure you don't sign any crazy papers. We always make people sign papers that we own their likeness in that film. Make sure you sign a "we repair damage" paper and not a "we might damage your car" paper. :) Just a heads up.

Before they even touch my car i will ahve to see some proof of insurance and have some papers signed that say they will repair any damages.

Offline boydsdodge

• Top end's unlimited....Aaaauuuuugghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Boydsdodge
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009 - 10:34:36 PM »
Be careful, very very careful.
I used to lend out my 2 1970 Plymouth pursuit cars to film and television and it ended badly.
Big company didn't think I would have a problem with CBS Productions, but a lot of companies will opperate under a sub company just for the duration of the production.
I returned to the lot where my cars were kept and found the lot full of burnt rubber in the form of burnout tracks and doughnuts around the lot. I looked around the lot and saw that the only cars that could pull that kind of destruction would be my two 440 pursuit cars.
I went to drive them out and found the engine had one broken push rod and the rear diff was cooked as in grinding. The second car had frame damage from being loaded on to a flat bed with the hooks hooked in thru the front subframe, then it looks like the operator pulled the car onto the flat bed and did not stop when the cars cop pushbars reached the flat beds front wall, tearing the subframe about 6 inches.
to make a long story short when i went to make claim on the damages the sub company stiffed me and a few other companies and people by closing the sub company and going bankrupt.
Another time I had rented my 74 Dodge Monaco original black and white bluesmoble to a film company and when I returned they had painted a horrible white, very cheaply done,ruining the original paint. I got $500.00 for that one, which didn't come close to my loss.
I have had other guys tell and show me damage from film companies, grips drilling holes in fenders to mount cameras etc.
It's not the producer or the transportation guys it's the rest of the so called artist and slackers that think everything is at there disposal because they are making a movie.
Jackson from Toronto.

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009 - 10:38:36 PM »
I used to lend out my 2 1970 Plymouth pursuit cars to film and television and it ended badly.
Big company didn't think I would have a problem with CBS Productions, but a lot of companies will opperate under a sub company just for the duration of the production.
I returned to the lot where my cars were kept and found the lot full of burnt rubber in the form of burnout tracks and doughnuts around the lot. I looked around the lot and saw that the only cars that could pull that kind of destruction would be my two 440 pursuit cars.
I went to drive them out and found the engine had one broken push rod and the rear diff was cooked as in grinding. The second car had frame damage from being loaded on to a flat bed with the hooks hooked in thru the front subframe, then it looks like the operator pulled the car onto the flat bed and did not stop when the cars cop pushbars reached the flat beds front wall, tearing the subframe about 6 inches.
to make a long story short when i went to make claim on the damages the sub company stiffed me and a few other companies and people by closing the sub company and going bankrupt.
Another time I had rented my 74 Dodge Monaco original black and white bluesmoble to a film company and when I returned they had painted a horrible white, very cheaply done,ruining the original paint. I got $500.00 for that one, which didn't come close to my loss.
I have had other guys tell and show me damage from film companies, grips drilling holes in fenders to mount cameras etc.
It's not the producer or the transportation guys it's the rest of the so called artist and slackers that think everything is at there disposal because they are making a movie.

Thanks for the advice. If they use it for filming i will be on set with it. It is never going to leave my sight

Offline troutstreamnm

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009 - 11:17:09 PM »
Isn't that the script where an FK5 Challenger goes off a cliff in flames at the end of the movie?  :dunno:...............................Just kidding,  :roflsmiley: congrats and good luck with the shoot.
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009 - 10:51:22 PM »
Isn't that the script where an FK5 Challenger goes off a cliff in flames at the end of the movie?  :dunno:...............................Just kidding,  :roflsmiley: congrats and good luck with the shoot.

It sure as heck wouldnt be my FK5 challenger

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2009 - 05:58:57 AM »
That's a pretty cool opportunity to have, but it would suck if they damaged it in any way then tried to stiff you on the repairs.  Good luck with getting all the proper legal documents and hopefully you can say your car is a movie star in the near future. :biggrin:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009 - 12:48:40 PM »
Well the paint on it is about 3 months old and my dad painted the car and it is SLICK, we painted the whole car and sanded it with 600 untill the entire car was dull, then sanded it with 1500 before applying 2 more coats of burnt orange, then 4 coats of clear, then sanded the whole car with 2000 untill it was completely dull then buffed it.        And if they scratch it i will just have to get a whole new paint job, because there is no way they could ever blend it if they did a spot job

Sounds like a real nice paintjob!  :2thumbs:
Seriously though, I hope nothing will happen to your paint at all, hence the wink smiley.
Good luck with the shoot!
Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009 - 09:37:31 AM »

:villagers:  :swear:  :stomp:   That would kill me...
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger