Author Topic: I now work as a FSR for the same company that I used to work for in Iraq  (Read 4498 times)

Offline 340Challman

• 70 Challenger B5 A66 4 spd
Re: I now work as a FSR for the same company that I used to work for in Iraq
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009 - 06:13:58 PM »
Hey Gordon, are you going to be at F.E. Warren? If so I live in Cheyenne, We can hang while you're in the area. Let me know. :cheers:

Kevin
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
        ___               ___
             ]            [

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009 - 12:53:36 AM »
Hey Gordon, are you going to be at F.E. Warren? If so I live in Cheyenne, We can hang while you're in the area. Let me know. :cheers:

Kevin

Hey Kevin,  I will be at F.E.Warren and that will be cool.  Leave me a pm with contact info and I will get with you and that sounds real cool.  It is late but I will be there early afternoon tomorrow and will be off by 5 pm or so.  Take care and will see you soon it sounds.

Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009 - 06:23:56 PM »
Went to F.E.Warren today to see what they have.  Will be going early in the morning to work on some of the trucks.  I made it just fine.  Also I am staying at the Hampton inn. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009 - 06:58:49 PM by 426HEMI »
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 340Challman

• 70 Challenger B5 A66 4 spd
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009 - 07:34:57 PM »
Hey Gordon, PM sent. :cheers:

Kevin
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
        ___               ___
             ]            [

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009 - 11:25:48 PM »
Got through with a week here in Cheyenne Wy and it went pretty good here.  Next week I go to San Antonio TX for a week at Lackland AFB and will see how that goes.  Was not sure if any members live there that I might be able to meet.  Had a good time with 340Challman and his wife and his daughter also. 

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009 - 11:28:51 PM »
Gordon are you gonna stop in Dallas/Fort Worth any time?
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009 - 11:31:47 PM »
Looks like my tickets are for Houstin and not Dallas this time anyways.  Sorry about that. 

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009 - 11:38:06 PM »
Then I have to make up mind if I want to work in Ga at the Moody AFB base after I get back from Tx.  My boss want to talk to me tomorrow.

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline go-fish

• Resident
Re: Just heard of a stateside position for the company I worked for in Iraq
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009 - 03:39:38 PM »
Oh, I haven't been on that one, actually I haven't heard of it. .........................

I have also been to TQ (Tari Qaddum or something like that), and a couple others, but I can't remember the names of them.

That's Al Taquaddam. BTDT.

Also Forward Operating Base Kalsu was named after a very great Oklahoman who was an All American while playing for the Sooners. He went on to play a year for the Buffalo Bills. He was in the ROTC at OU and was given a pass on te war due to his pro football career but he went to the Army after his rookie season.

Take a look at this Sports Illustrated article if your're interested in learning about a true hero.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1023026/index.htm

Btw, if you don't want to cry, don't read.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009 - 03:43:23 PM »
I am stuck in denver Co right now for a few hours.  Hope to get out before too long back to Huntsville Alabama. 

I did not know about Kalsu FOB

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009 - 05:37:00 PM »
Yeah, I haven't been over there since 2004 so I don't remember the names very well. I just remember TQ. That base sucked. There was an Air force base over there, I think it was called Al Asad or something, but that is where we got onto a C130 to fly back to Kuwait. They had just finished dinner there and they said we could go eat what they had left. Well, they had french fries, mashed potatoes and potato chips. Three different potatoes and that was it! It was pretty funny, I have a picture of it somewhere. I'd have to do some looking to find it..
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009 - 07:30:37 AM »
On my way now to San Antonio I hope to get there today.  I am getting to where I hate flying O well just part of the job and the way it is today.

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009 - 06:44:25 PM »
Gordon,

You're touring the country, city to city like a rock star lately.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009 - 08:15:43 PM »
Yea with this company and job I have 17 bases I will be covering I think anyways.  Could go to Japan, Germany and HI and several other states.  Going to be cool I think just hope the travel gets easier. 

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009 - 02:57:35 PM »
I just found out that I get a signing bonus and relocation bonus together and they did not tell me about that until now.  I will be down there in Moody on the 11th of May but may go down and see what I can find in an apartment that is furnished for now or a cheap hotel or something.  Guess I get a week off to move as it looks now.  I hope I can get some things done to my car for that week also.  I need to get some things done on the Darango that I bought also for me driving down there and back.  I am also going to sell a 2001 sunfire that I bought new.  Just thought I would let everyone know.  Gordon

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon