Author Topic: Too little, too late?  (Read 620 times)

Offline KZ

Offline 73dce

Re: Too little, too late?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009 - 09:11:47 PM »
Wow, don't come out with anything practical first.  No wonder they are going under.  I love mopar, but its a bit ridiculous how stupid these people really are.  Make a family sedan or an suv.

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009 - 10:00:45 PM »
I think the idea is to keep the platform as light as possible in order to get the best efficiency, so why not build a nice little two seater?  An all electric full size sedan or SUV is just not practical until they develop a more suitable system.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009 - 07:32:29 AM »
Ive' been wondering why the NEON was dropped. At least where I live those were the most popular non-import economy sedan.  Whatever replaced it has not seen the numbers, I can't even say what that model is & I pay more attention than the average consumer. You would think if you have something that works you would stick with it.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 73dce

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009 - 08:03:00 AM »
Thats exactly why I said that.  They need something very drastic to save them.  They dropped the ball again.

They got rid of the neon because they couldn't compete in the sport compact market.  Replaced by the caliber, compass and patriot. 

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009 - 09:39:52 AM »
Although a cool idea for a car, they should focus on the bread and butter cars to keep them afloat.  This car is going to "undercut" the Tesla car which is priced at $109k.  Who is going to buy an expensive 2 seater electric car from a company that has not proven they can even build a quality gas car, let alone an electric car.  They have no proven track record with electric cars and the first one they put out is so expensive.   :dunno:

Who wants to be the first to spend that much to be the guineea pig?  :clueless:

To enter a small electric car in a field against Toyota and Honda will be tough, but may possibly be more feasible than a high end sports car, IMO.  :2cents:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger