A rant you'll love

Author Topic: A rant you'll love  (Read 1405 times)

Offline country_ck

A rant you'll love
« on: April 17, 2009 - 09:06:05 PM »
Todd Swenson  of Newfolden MN is a complete JackA$$.  I called him a FOUR DAYS AGO (Apr 13) about his beautiful 1968 Plymouth Barracuda.  THREE DAYS AGO (Apr 14) I told him I would buy it, but because of the considerable distance between His house and Mine(800 miles), I needed to figure out how I was going to pick it up.  Upon telling him that I would buy it, I asked if he wanted me to send him some money (funds transfer, check, or any other means) to hold the car.  He then in a very pleasant tone told me to not worry about it, he TRUSTED ME.  He also told me that he would deliver it half way for a price.   YESTERDAY (Apr 16) he said his price for delivery would be $350, and that he could not deliver it on Saturday.  I told him I would call him when I found out when my buddy could go so I could use his truck.  TODAY I called him, after getting my buddy’s truck for either Sun or Mon, and renting a car trailer only to find out that he SOLD IT out from under me.  In disbelief I hung up.  After I calmed down, I called him again, just to make sure we where talking about the same car, and asking him WHY.  The Pompous Ass said the guy had CASH and picked it up.  The worst part of all of this is He’ll never know what INTEGRITY or A MAN’S WORD is. 
   To whoever bought the car, I am curious as to how long you had been in contact with Todd.  Maybe I was going to be the one who under cut you, but I highly doubt it.  Also you have a beautiful car that I wish you the best with.  I just wish it was mine.

Moral of the story, Once a JackA$$ always a JackA$$.

This is how the Fargo/Moorehead craiglist post appears in reponse to him selliing it from underneath me.  By the way he only wanted $4000 for the car.  It only had 85000 miles, a 318, auto and he had the original hubcaps.  He was the 3rd owner.   This is the 2nd car in two months that has been sold before I could get to it.  Please somebody find me a car exactly like this soon before I just give up.

Thanks For letting me Rant

P.S.  If anybody on here bought this car I'd like to talk.  Like I said in the post maybe I would have been the one undercutting you.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Re: A rant you'll love
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009 - 09:33:23 PM »
That's a nice looking notchback. I am sorry for what happened and I agree that a man is as good as his word or lack there of. I had the same thing happen to me and had even given the guy a check and gotten a receipt for partial payment of $500 bucks. I had the rest the next day only to find out that someone had offered him more in cash so he sold it. I walked in with the balance to pay him when he handed me my check back and told me it was sold to someone else. I had to hold myself back from kicking his butt, but told him what a piece of garbage he was. I hope you can find another car!! :bigsmile:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009 - 09:45:37 PM »
Sorry to hear this. If he was not going to honor his word he never should have given it to you. Its not like it was with our fathers and grandfathers and thats a shame.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009 - 11:58:30 PM »
I can't believe that dude. What an idiot. It's too bad people can't be more honest.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009 - 04:54:40 AM »
I doubt if he`d stick to the deal if you would have send hime money...  big chance you would have to take the 800mls tour just to get your money back and punch him in the face....  what a jerk...  good luck with you search.
*** Bart ***

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009 - 09:07:42 AM »
This is the exact reason I don't look beyond my local area on Craigslist.  I feel bad for you, but if it's not something I can get to that day with cash in hand, then you always run this risk.  People on craigslist are just looking to get rid of their stuff as fast as possible.  Not that you would ever consider it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the seller already had a couple people say they would show up from out of town, then not do it.  It sucks that you can't take people for their word anymore.  The people you can are few and far between.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009 - 12:24:29 PM »
I read on msn today that the fbi is trying to catch a serial killer on craigslist :22yikes:

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009 - 01:11:49 PM »
I read on msn today that the fbi is trying to catch a serial killer on craigslist :22yikes:
If it's the one I'm thinking of, he's up in Boston.  It looks like he's been answering adds from women basically offering prostitution.

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009 - 05:35:39 PM »
Ok you all lets send the guy a group hug . but how many people actually show up or come up with the cash when they promise to show up and dont .i have maybe 1 in ten actualy come back the rest leave me high and dry .the only thing the seller did wrong was to offer to hold the car . SHOW ME THE MONEY . NO TRUCK NO TRAILER NO REAL PLAN .ALWAYS HAVE THE CASH TRAVEL AND TIME WORKED OUT .thats not the sellers problem . next time have the seller take the title to the bank and let the bank handle a wire transfer and title exchange easy . what if you got there and didnt like the car and walked the seller would be out and other cash in hand buyers got away .
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009 - 06:09:22 PM »
I read this post yesterday on Craig's list. I for one have been stood up on selling cars. I have held cars and lost other buyers. It happens so now I just tell people the first one with the money has it. Just today a fellow calls and tells me he is coming over at 2Pm to buy a carb I have for sale. Well it's now 5:05 Pm and I'm still waiting.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009 - 06:29:45 PM »
imo, no money in hand, no done deal. nowadays a persons word is well................ only as good as cash they show up with.
I think I would be more concerned at naming the person outright in a rant, then not getting the item. the days of you want it, I will hold it are pretty much on there way out. not all of us are loose with their deals, so, buyer beware.
it's a sad situation!
 :canada:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline country_ck

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009 - 06:41:57 PM »
I agree with what some of you are saying.  I'm trying to sell a 1991 honda civic, and have driven the 7 miles to meet them only to be stood up more times than I can count.  I've also had people tell me that they want to buy the car, but wife/husband/boyfriend,etc. wants to look at it first, and then they stand me up.  What I am saying, if you read all of the post, is that I tried to to wire him the money, and he said no.  Then he said it was sold to me. That's my beef.  If he would have said first come first serve, you could have bet I would have hurried my ass the 800 miles.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former