Author Topic: Teenage Moral Crisis  (Read 6791 times)

Offline hebeegbz

Re: Teenage Moral Crisis
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009 - 04:55:47 PM »
Well, lets place blame where blame is due. I don't think God molested any kids. It was some really messed up men (priests). Man is in a fallen state and does some messed up stuff. Like suicide muslim bombers. I have been working with teens for years, good kids, bad kids, troubled kids. In over 20 years I have NEVER ever, ever seen a teen that was harmed or messed up in any way by discovering a spiritual dimension they never knew, by reading the word of God and coming into a personal relationship with Christ. Filling an empty void and discovering a love, peace and joy they never knew existed. I have however seen people that were empty, hurting, lonely, angry, bitter do some awful things. When we place our focus on man, we are headed for trouble. To me Christianity is not a religion, it is a way of life! :angelwings:
You missed a little here .the preist thing first off one has to be first gay before they would molest a young boy . when a molestor wants to take advantage of a child he or she will find a place of plenty .like a school teacher or a youth minister ,maybe a cop or a scout leader or any one of many jobs that they can get close to a target . the blame is first on the parent then family for not being diligent in their efforts . i take offense to the preist thing . these people that hide in a church under the disguise of a real man of god are not men of god .if you are a true beliver you would know this .im disapointed with you but pray that you excel in your quest for truth i wiil say a prayers for you .
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009 - 05:32:32 PM »
You missed a little here .the preist thing first off one has to be first gay before they would molest a young boy . when a molestor wants to take advantage of a child he or she will find a place of plenty .like a school teacher or a youth minister ,maybe a cop or a scout leader or any one of many jobs that they can get close to a target . the blame is first on the parent then family for not being diligent in their efforts . i take offense to the preist thing . these people that hide in a church under the disguise of a real man of god are not men of god .if you are a true beliver you would know this .im disapointed with you but pray that you excel in your quest for truth i wiil say a prayers for you .
Well, lets place blame where blame is due. I don't think God molested any kids. It was some really messed up men (priests). Man is in a fallen state and does some messed up stuff. Like suicide muslim bombers. I have been working with teens for years, good kids, bad kids, troubled kids. In over 20 years I have NEVER ever, ever seen a teen that was harmed or messed up in any way by discovering a spiritual dimension they never knew, by reading the word of God and coming into a personal relationship with Christ. Filling an empty void and discovering a love, peace and joy they never knew existed. I have however seen people that were empty, hurting, lonely, angry, bitter do some awful things. When we place our focus on man, we are headed for trouble. To me Christianity is not a religion, it is a way of life! :angelwings:

I think that you guys are on the same side  :clueless:
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009 - 05:37:53 PM »

[/quote

same in part ,its the singled out priest thats the problem
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009 - 05:52:05 PM »

[/quote

same in part ,its the singled out priest thats the problem

Gotcha..... and i dont think he was trying to just single out priests, it kinda got singled out earlier by somoene else.    glad you are on the same side about everything else though  :2thumbs:   
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009 - 06:14:42 PM »
I used to work 6 days a week and feel dead day 7. when my son was born my wife and I decided to work part time, both 3 days. that was a serious loss of income but worth it twice. One day a week my aunt pics him up from school cause we both work that day. As for the rest of time there is someone home for him and it pays off... he`s 9 years old now and doing great ,very well balanced kid who know what he wants and tells you right from wrong any time.
Our government is pushing everybody to work more and more, get the kids in pre-school ,between- school and after-school daycare to keep em busy while parents are at work. I personally think that`s breeding a very unstable community on the long run, but who am I...
Another problem is that many people don`t accept men workin part-time to be able to help get the kids grown up. I think more men should have or create the opportunity to do so, and step off the idea they have to bring in all the money and kids are for the wifes. I wouldn`t want to miss this... there will be enough time to work, and if not, I`m glad I did it the way I did.  :2cents:
*** Bart ***

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009 - 06:35:09 PM »

Another problem is that many people don`t accept men workin part-time to be able to help get the kids grown up. I think more men should have or create the opportunity to do so, and step off the idea they have to bring in all the money and kids are for the wifes. I wouldn`t want to miss this... there will be enough time to work, and if not, I`m glad I did it the way I did.  :2cents:

My hat's off to you Bart. Glad you're raising your son and not someone else!! :2thumbs:
Matt

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009 - 09:58:29 PM »
When I was younger every time I left the house my mom would point up at the cross we had above the door and say "Remember who you are son." I think every parent should do something along those lines.

For those of you who don't believe in God, I have tons of instances where I know for a fact that he was there for us. But I'm not gonna try to force my beliefs on anyone.

The post about the girl's father is so true. I was going to school at Wheat Ridge High school in Wheat Ridge, Colorado when Columbine happened. We were about 30 minutes from there. My friend's father was a janitor at that school but was sick that day so he was at home. They kept us at school until 5 pm that day. Then they started putting metal detectors in and having cops and parents patrol the hallways during class and all kinds of stuff like that. It was crazy, but none of those measures would have stopped those kids. They would have just killed their way into the school if they had to.

I finished High school in Texas (thank God) and we still prayed at school. All of my time in school in Texas we prayed, no matter what the laws were. They still pray here in Texas schools, at least around where I live. The city courthouse puts a nativity scene up during Christmas (and yes, it's Christmas, not "the holidays" or "the season" or whatever, and especially not Xmas). I love it here, and I plan on staying here. There are no shootings around here, and not very much crime unless you get out into the bad areas of Fort Worth and Dallas, but I don't care too much for Dallas. I don't really go into Fort Worth much either.

But anyways, that's where I stand. The lawmakers in this country are idiots, and our wonderful president went in front of a muslim country and said we are not a Christian country.

Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline priderocks

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009 - 10:01:53 PM »
moparmaniac, thanks for starting this post. This is a very important subject. Lots of good responses.

I have been a Christian for a little over thirty years. I was a pagan and a "nice guy" before that. A brief lesson in theology here for all you self-proclaimed atheists. Most people think the opposite of "sin" is "good". And , truth be told, it really doesn't take a whole lot of effort to live a "good" life. But in God's lexicon, the opposite of "sin" is not "good". The opposite of "sin" is no sin. And that, my friend, is not a condition you can attain on your own behalf. It is a gift. Heaven is a gift. You get there not because you think you can, but because you know you can't.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009 - 10:11:00 PM »
Great posts, guys.  Up here in WI we just got cameras installed in schools about 4 years ago.  Kids arent too bad, yet.  Morals and values are slowly leaving with every generation. 

But it's not all gloom and doom.  There are millions of good kids out there, too. 

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009 - 10:45:10 PM »
moparmaniac, thanks for starting this post. This is a very important subject. Lots of good responses.

I have been a Christian for a little over thirty years. I was a pagan and a "nice guy" before that. A brief lesson in theology here for all you self-proclaimed atheists. Most people think the opposite of "sin" is "good". And , truth be told, it really doesn't take a whole lot of effort to live a "good" life. But in God's lexicon, the opposite of "sin" is not "good". The opposite of "sin" is no sin. And that, my friend, is not a condition you can attain on your own behalf. It is a gift. Heaven is a gift. You get there not because you think you can, but because you know you can't.

Nice clarification.  :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009 - 06:22:19 PM »
My reference of the Preists was to show that even  though you believe in God doesn`t neceesarily make you a good person.You can blame Muslims for most of the terrosim today but Christians have stated many wars and killed thousands of innocent people also,ever hear of the Crusades?I am not agaisnt religion just do`nt believe it is the save all that many do.I was brought up by very religious parents but never "got it" and never will but I am a good person and I`ll find out what if anything is beyond this life when I die.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009 - 04:09:44 AM »
Yes, God is what we need.  Because he's done such a fine job so far...

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009 - 04:31:04 AM »
My reference of the Preists was to show that even  though you believe in God doesn`t neceesarily make you a good person.You can blame Muslims for most of the terrosim today but Christians have stated many wars and killed thousands of innocent people also,ever hear of the Crusades?I am not agaisnt religion just do`nt believe it is the save all that many do.I was brought up by very religious parents but never "got it" and never will but I am a good person and I`ll find out what if anything is beyond this life when I die.

I could have written that...
I`d also like to ask if you guys think there would be so many kids shooting and killing eachother if laws on weapons would be different in your country... I know how most americans feel about guns, but if I would have wanted shoot somebody when I was a kid,  I would not have known where to start searching for a gun...  :2cents:    as a matter affect... I still wouldnt  know...   :netherlands:
*** Bart ***

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009 - 05:10:56 AM »
And if you really wanted to kill people, and couldn't find a gun, you'd get a knife.  If knives were illegal, you'd get a sharpened stick.  Or a rock.

ANYTHING can be turned into a weapon.  Humans are an inherently violent species.  Banning weapons will not stop that.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009 - 05:19:01 AM »
I agree, but guns in every house make it pretty easy to actually use them. But on the other hand, kids who actually use them probably will go wrong somewhere in their lives anyway... 
*** Bart ***