Climate Change (AKA Global Warming)

Author Topic: Climate Change (AKA Global Warming)  (Read 2158 times)

Offline burnt orange

Climate Change (AKA Global Warming)
« on: April 22, 2009 - 01:47:25 PM »
I know we have discussed this many times, but I have been reading about the ice in the Arctic, lower flow in rivers, strange weather patterns, all sorts of unusual things regarding weather records from all over the world.  It seems to me that there are changes afoot, but the cause seems sort of up in the air. What do you think?
< ° ) ) >< 

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
Re: Climate Change (AKA Global Warming)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009 - 02:04:51 PM »
bunch of BS, tell AG I said "Hey!"
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009 - 02:40:22 PM »
Normal cyclical climate changes for the earth.  It warms up  --  it cools down.  It's been doing that for zillions of years.  Thanks to Al Gore for inventing the internet so I can post my opinion.....   lol    :roflsmiley:    :roflsmiley:    :bigsmile:     :aarg:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009 - 03:03:48 PM »
I just brushed snow off my car yesterday, April 21 in Ohio !  Yeah, it's getting warmer !

Every year there are record highs, lows, rainfall, drought, snow, sun, whatever.  That's the way it has always been, for millions of years.

Who's narrow little mind decided that the temp it's been for the last couple hundred years is the optimal temp for the planet anyway ?  If you thought about it, a few degrees warmer would be better for people anyway.

When temperatures rise and then CO2 levels follow suit, I ain't buying this whole greenhouse gas thing.  Besides, we only produce LESS than 3/10 of one% of the greenhouse gasses,  that makes Mother Nature responsible for 99.7 % of them.  Yep, worth wasting trillions of on, Thanks Ozone Al.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Stacked440

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009 - 06:40:07 PM »
-Kyle-
1971 Challenger R/T clone 440/5-spd
1973 Duster - 5.7L Hemi swap project

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009 - 07:03:59 PM »
I dont think we can make an informed decision on 150 years of study . we have a guess on how old the earth is with no facts even carbon dating is flawed whats next . we came from apes even darwin said he was just playing around he died as a belever.
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline 340Challman

• 70 Challenger B5 A66 4 spd
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009 - 08:31:59 PM »
I believe we are having some effect on the planet, but let me clarify, I believe our effect is minimal and what we are seeing is normal cyclical climate changes. I believe that we are responsible for less than 1 percent of the climate changes.

As we all know though, it is a multi-billion dollar farce and it is making a lot of people very rich. I bet "Ozone Al's" carbon footprint is bigger than most of ours combined. I'm tired of hearing about it. Last week I read that some genius thinks we should shoot particles into the atmosphere to reflect the sun's energy back into space. I only have one question for those idiots, if they're wrong can they undo that cluster f**k? :nono:

What the hell happened to all of the intelligent people? :dunno:
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
        ___               ___
             ]            [

Offline sprecks

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009 - 08:40:15 PM »
I bet Al Gore's great great great great great granddad was probably a caveman back at the end of the ice age preaching the same crap when the ice started melting  :villagers:
you can call me Jay
I've seen sicker dogs get well.

1971 Challenger Vert - 472 Hemi EFI
1969 Road Runner 440/Auto
2017 Ram Laramie 1500 - Hemi

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009 - 08:41:50 PM »
I bet Al Gore's great great great great great granddad was probably a caveman back at the end of the ice age preaching the same crap when the ice started melting  :villagers:

I would not doubt that at all.    :stirpot:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009 - 08:43:06 PM »
I bet "Ozone Al's" carbon footprint is bigger than most of ours combined.....

Don't you remember when they found out his electric bill was $1,800 a month? Add that to him flying all over the Globe in his private Jet and riding in Limos daily and the strip mining runoff on his property (YES, he has strip mining on his property...) his print is bigger than the totality of this whole posting board.  :grinyes:

Remember, it's do as they say, not as they do. 
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009 - 09:10:14 PM »
al's just one big chicken little idiot.

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009 - 11:37:30 PM »
Since the new buzzword is Climate Change and they dropped Global Warming that told me right there it was total BS. Can't call it Global Warming anymore cause it's staying cold longer and the weather isn't supporting the hoax.......quick, come up with a name to save the new climate religion!

Offline priderocks

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009 - 11:58:01 PM »
There's no money in global cooling.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009 - 12:04:06 AM »
You got that right on the head
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline challengermaniac

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009 - 12:54:57 AM »
Sorry guys, but I am going to have to stand alone here and say that the billions of people on this earth do in fact impact it's climate and one day, we will go the way of the dinosaurs.  Sorry, but it's an inconvenient truth!  Don't hate me---- we can still be cuda & challenger friends until the end! 

Charlie 70 Challenger
69 Camaro RS
Charlie
70 Challenger 340/4 Purple
70 Challenger T/A Red
Edmonds, WA