Climate Change (AKA Global Warming)

Author Topic: Climate Change (AKA Global Warming)  (Read 2164 times)

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
Re: Climate Change (AKA Global Warming)
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009 - 01:45:10 AM »
So we're in no better shape to deal with climate change than the Dinosaurs that had brains the size of peas?  :clueless:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009 - 02:26:45 AM »
I blame Challengers.  Everyone knows that Cuda's are better, anyway. :stirpot:

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009 - 05:04:13 AM »
When man only makes 3/10 of one percent of the greenhouse gasses, how can that possibly affect the climate ?  Not to mention that, and I haven't verified this, the Mt. Pinatubo eruption caused more greenhouse gases than man has in our entire history.  Anyone able to confirm this ?

Again,  is this worth wasting trillions of $ on ?

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009 - 07:22:04 AM »
That movie from Al Gore, a very non-Green guy himself with private planes and a mansion to heat and cool, An Inconvenient Truth is full of some very convenient lies. Just watch and don't get baffled by the bullsh!+.

These Carbon Credits corps. buy are a shell game as well. Where does the money go and why is Gore pushing it? He will be getting MEGA bucks out of it.What are they going to do about the pollution? The companies that buy the carbon credits still get to pollute the same amount and the money they pay for carbon credits only lines the pockets of people (Al Gore) running the program. The reason it is so pushed on us and the media is because there is enormous amounts of money in it.

Offline Mike70

• Future Challenger Pilot
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009 - 10:16:49 AM »
I agree with the money angle. Gore is getting richer off of all this, and laughing his butt off at us! Plus all of the "Green" manufacturing is probably making billions. Incandescent bulbs will soon not be produced anymore - what a chunk of business for fluorescent manufacturers. We never hear much about how toxic the mercury is in the "Green" bulbs. :villagers:
Mike
70 Challenger RT/SE
(If I ever get it done - wait, I guess I have to start first).

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009 - 11:09:07 AM »
Millions of Green jobs is a joke. Once a solar panel or wind mill or hydro dam is produced, the job is over except for maintenance. You can't extrapolate the manpower it took to construct the Hoover dam and claim that will be the net jobs gained. They are just temp jobs. I don't believe cleaning solar panels is a high paying Green job. That's an illegal alien $6 an hour job.  :grinyes:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009 - 11:38:08 AM »
I agree with the money angle. Gore is getting richer off of all this, and laughing his butt off at us! Plus all of the "Green" manufacturing is probably making billions. Incandescent bulbs will soon not be produced anymore - what a chunk of business for fluorescent manufacturers. We never hear much about how toxic the mercury is in the "Green" bulbs. :villagers:

:iagree: Did you know that with these new bulbs if you break one you are suppose to call hazmat and the trip out usually runs about 2k.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline Mike70

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009 - 02:34:28 PM »
And stay out of your house until they're done!

I think I'll go buy some incandesecent bulbs, and stock up. :poopoke:
Mike
70 Challenger RT/SE

Offline burnt orange

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009 - 03:07:26 PM »
:iagree: Did you know that with these new bulbs if you break one you are suppose to call hazmat and the trip out usually runs about 2k.

:roflsmiley:  Gotta love them urban legends!! 

The amount of Mercury in a CFL is about as much as the period at the end of this sentence.  There is almost 200 times that much in an old Mercury thermometer!

If a CFL breaks in your home, open nearby windows to disperse any vapor that may escape (it is the vapor that is dangerous), carefully sweep up the fragments (do not use your hands) and wipe the area with a disposable paper towel to remove all glass fragments. Do not use a vacuum. Place all fragments in a sealed plastic bag and follow these disposal instructions.

If recycling is not an option in your area dispose of the plastic bag the same way you would batteries, oil-based
paint and motor oil at your local Household Hazardous WasteCollection Site. If your local Collection Site cannot accept CFLs (check Earth911.org to find out), seal the CFL in a plastic bag and place with your regular trash.

DON'T FALL FOR THE $2000 HAZMAT CLEANUP SCAM!!!!!

FYI, if you compare the number of traditional bulbs needed to equal the life expectancy and energy savings of one CFL, the manufacturing process to produce the traditional bulb and the energy created to power the traditional bulbs releases as much or more Mercury into the atmosphere. 

I hate the light given off by CFLs though, and have hoarded a bunch of incandescents.  I just can't wait till LED's come online for home lighting!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009 - 03:09:40 PM by burnt orange »
< ° ) ) >< 

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009 - 03:23:13 PM »
FYI I know someone who had to pay that 2k.

Offline burnt orange

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009 - 03:40:34 PM »
FYI I know someone who had to pay that 2k.

Someone saw them coming :money:
They were ripped off and should seek some legal advice. 

This Mercury thing is something misinformation thing the anti-global warming people are using.  Both sides are throwing around so much BS it sounds as if it is a political campaign!!  :swear:

It is hard to find the truth beneath all the junk science!
< ° ) ) >< 

Offline Mike70

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009 - 03:44:07 PM »
I still think it's a bunch of  :poopoke: that we are being forced to buy something that gives inferior (in my opinion) light, just because of some green bs.

Where is my avatar????
Mike
70 Challenger RT/SE

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009 - 03:46:12 PM »
I'll let them know. I know for me I find it all BS, just another way for a select few to get rich off the fear of others. But I do agree with clean energy and sustainment, just not for the reasons being preached (mostly selfish reasons, the more clean energy is used the more oil is available for my Challenger  :naughty: )

Offline burnt orange

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009 - 04:15:30 PM »
the more oil is available for my Challenger  :naughty: )

I knew it!!! See, Challengers are the cause!!! Even the owners admit it!

:bigsmile:
< ° ) ) >< 

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009 - 04:22:53 PM »
If I still had my cuda's that oil would be for them too. And they used a lot more of gas then the Challenger does.  :burnout: