Author Topic: What are you guys doing for radios?? (original?? CD player??)  (Read 2469 times)

Offline 706pkVert

Re: What are you guys doing for radios?? (original?? CD player??)
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009 - 07:15:59 PM »
go to my website and look under radios, we offer radio conversions am/fm/cd/ipod/xm ready modern sound, totally stock look

Mike
www.instrument-specialties.com

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009 - 07:52:11 PM »
Few things have come farther than audio components in the last 40 years. Even the Infinity stereo in my '92 Iroc sounds like total crap compared to my $100 Jensen. I'll just suffer with the "non-stock" look.  :grinyes:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009 - 08:25:09 PM »

Nothing fancy for me, I run a Pioneer DEHP9600MP. I like this one because it has a flip out monitor and for the location of the E-Body radios makes for easier controlling. Like most, I hardly listen too mine, 440 reasons lie under the hood. I only use it on long trips or when I have some company (to break the silence). ;D

I have a Dual brand motorized face CD player in my truck, i love the flip down face but i was worried about it hitting the dash trim piece, did that CD player just slide right in?? Also how much was it?? It looks really good.

go to my website and look under radios, we offer radio conversions am/fm/cd/ipod/xm ready modern sound, totally stock look

Mike
www.instrument-specialties.com

Looks really good, but im not looking to spend quite that much.
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline wiging19

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009 - 11:33:52 PM »
 :drool: I really like what you guys have done with your radio's.  I have a daily driver but I'm changing it to match my needs.  Any suggestions for a guy with a convertible.  For speakers all I've got is the kick plates and the center speaker hole.  Can't put a bass in the trunk because my kids would complain about it being too noisey for them when their in the back.  So the speakers have to be in the front.   I've never seen the flip out feature before and I'm impressed.  I'm interested in how everyone has managed to make things fit.  For me I have so little storage room in the car I don't want to give up the glove box space.  It actually is the only secure area in my car outside the trunk. With family stuff there isn't much room for much else in the trunk when we go for a drive.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009 - 11:47:20 PM »
I have a Dual brand motorized face CD player in my truck, i love the flip down face but i was worried about it hitting the dash trim piece, did that CD player just slide right in?? Also how much was it?? It looks really good.

Looks really good, but im not looking to spend quite that much.

Thanks and yes, it went straight in. Would have preferred a black unit to look more at home but Pioneer don't/didn't make anything like that and I only use Pioneer products for head units.

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009 - 12:00:15 AM »
I did very little to fit mine in too. Maybe a big file
to remove just a smidge of the plastic around the hole.   
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009 - 09:22:53 AM »
Thanks and yes, it went straight in. Would have preferred a black unit to look more at home but Pioneer don't/didn't make anything like that and I only use Pioneer products for head units.

:cheers:

Im not sure how your pioneer works, but what concearns me on the Dual is that the face slides down, then out. Im afraid that it would hit the dash trim, it needs to come out and then slide down.  Which one does yours do???    I guess i could always pull the one out of my truck and test it in the car.

I've never seen the flip out feature before and I'm impressed. 

The flip down feature is AWSOME in my opinion, untill it breaks, i have had mine for 2 years with no problems, my friend had one identical to mine, just a different color, and his motorized face started messing up after about 8 months, sometimes it will slide down and sometimes it wont???

Offline peterro

• 70 Challenger in progress...
    • The Pistonhead
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009 - 03:30:51 PM »
I used to have an old Kenwood cassette deck in mine when I was driving it in the early 90's.  I like good music in the car, but the older I get, the less I care about that.  My stock AM, or possibly AM/FM will go back in.

As far as I'm concerned, the music comes out the tail pipe!

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009 - 03:42:27 PM »
A little Rob Zombie or Disturbed is good to get you in the mood to race.  :naughty:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009 - 05:29:40 PM »
A little Rob Zombie or Disturbed is good to get you in the mood to race.  :naughty:

I like the song Living Dead Girl, It has a very nice tight beat to it.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009 - 08:16:11 PM »
Well i finaly made up my mind on the radio and speakers. I got a 130 dollar pioneer CD player from wal mart, 2 pioneer 6x9's, that i mounted in the original speaker holes and then i took the 1200 Watt sony amplifier and 12 inch pioneer subwoffer out of my truck and put it in the trunk. Its VERY loud.  I had to file about 1/100th of an inch off the edge of the radio bezel and it slid right in.

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009 - 08:38:15 PM »
Looks good, I got a Dash mounted set-up as well.  I put the box in the trunk but left the rear 6x9's out to let the subs vent directly into the cabin.  I already had speakers in the door panels when I got the car so I re used them.  Sounds great to me.  I put the IPOD in the ashtray.

Tom

Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear