We could learn from the Japanese

Author Topic: We could learn from the Japanese  (Read 1642 times)

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
Re: We could learn from the Japanese
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009 - 05:57:52 PM »
I don't know, it sounds like a good idea but I can see it being easily taken advantage of.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009 - 06:07:59 PM »
 :iagree:  I dont know either if it would be a good idea or not.  I dont really want to go back to closed boarders or something like that.  I know it is hard to find a job and that it will get worse before it gets better with the Big 3 having the problems they are having  all of that is going to come down to all of us sooner or later. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009 - 06:23:26 PM »
This gives a window into the buisness practices of the Japanese. They had incentives to get those people to move there to do crap jobs, and then threw quickly them under the bus when they stopped making big profits, and are unapologetic about it. They do what's best for THEIR people first.

“We should stop letting unskilled laborers into Japan. We should make sure that even the three-K jobs are paid well, and that they are filled by Japanese,” he said. “I do not think that Japan should ever become a multiethnic society.”
He said the United States had been “a failure on the immigration front,” and cited extreme income inequalities between rich Americans and poor immigrants.

True dat :grinyes:  Can't ever say we don't have enough immigrants here when everyone but the full blooded Indians are immigrants or their decendants. That Dog just don't hunt.   
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009 - 06:28:43 PM »
Yes business or government feelings about other people, either way it dont look good for them in what they said.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009 - 08:22:33 PM »
we have learned but the people we send home just keep coming back . :wavingflag:
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009 - 08:40:15 PM »
I think we have enough cheap labor. We can't assimilate a never ending tide of foreigners and we can't afford to school their children and absorb thier health care costs while they pay zero property taxes and have no health care. Not a rant, just elementary economic facts of life that other countries deal with the same way Japan does. Each in their own way, but they do.  :grinyes:

Offline 340Challman

• 70 Challenger B5 A66 4 spd
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009 - 11:22:23 AM »
This gives a window into the buisness practices of the Japanese. They had incentives to get those people to move there to do crap jobs, and then threw quickly them under the bus when they stopped making big profits, and are unapologetic about it. They do what's best for THEIR people first.

“We should stop letting unskilled laborers into Japan. We should make sure that even the three-K jobs are paid well, and that they are filled by Japanese,” he said. “I do not think that Japan should ever become a multiethnic society.”
He said the United States had been “a failure on the immigration front,” and cited extreme income inequalities between rich Americans and poor immigrants.

A lot of times I disagree with your point of view, but I'm going to have to get on the bus with you on this one. I'm not sure if it is truly that the Japanese government is actively looking to take care of the Japanese citizens or it is a throw back to the "we're superior" mindset of the Japanese. Japanese politicians are still extremely conceited and self absorbed so it could simply be selfish actions on there part, but that said, it still results in legislature that protects the Japanese common people. Which is a good thing.

With the state of our Nation as it is my compassion and interest for what goes on outside our borders becomes less and less. I'm to the point that I don't give a damn who is starving, who is oppressed, who is killing who unless it falls within our borders. I mean no offense to all of the great people from other Nations. I simply feel that we need to fix our own house first before we even consider fixing anybody else's, and our house is way broke! If the U.S. was a utopia then by all means we can offer assistance to those who would take it, not go on some damn crusade to "SAVE" the rest of the world.
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
        ___               ___
             ]            [

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009 - 11:43:35 AM »
It's not just Japan. Remember the Press isn't as free in other countries as it is in Japan and America and Canada and a few others. We have to stop worrying about what other countries thing of us and just do what's in our own best interest. They will twist things in their state controlled Media anyway to distract from their own bad policies to point the finger at us, so why should we even care? We can't make them tell the truth. We can't even make most of the Media HERE tell the truth  :grinno:

Offline 340Challman

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009 - 11:51:34 AM »
It's not just Japan. Remember the Press isn't as free in other countries as it is in Japan and America and Canada and a few others. We have to stop worrying about what other countries thing of us and just do what's in our own best interest. They will twist things in their state controlled Media anyway to distract from their own bad policies to point the finger at us, so why should we even care? We can't make them tell the truth. We can't even make most of the Media HERE tell the truth  :grinno:

:iagree:

You got me twice. :bigsmile:

___               ___
             ]            [

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009 - 05:50:01 PM »
We have to stop worrying about what other countries thing of us and just do what's in our own best interest.   :grinno:

I remember on another post a while back someone from Australia (please don't get offended if I'm talking about you, I don't mean any disrespect.) had said something along the lines of "You have a president who the rest of the world finally respects". Well, I couldn't give two f---- what the rest of the world thinks about our president! I damn sure don't want a president that radical Islamic countries and South American dictators "respect"!

What happened to people having balls?

We were watching Fox news the other day and they were talking about Obama shaking hands with good ol' Hugo Chavez. My wife's sister said "Wow, our president is shaking hands with someone from another country. That's such a big deal." in a very sarcastic voice. I said "Yeah, it is because he is a dictator and absolutely hates the US. If it was up to him we would all be dead, and our awesome president is trying to be all buddy-buddy with him. That is why it's a big deal." She didn't get it. It's said the way people think these days.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline LAA66

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009 - 12:14:00 AM »
 Why would the Japanese send away perfectly good voters like that?   :faint:

Offline 340Challman

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009 - 10:57:12 AM »
Why would the Japanese send away perfectly good voters like that?   :faint:

I doubt that they are allowed to vote. They are not citizens. They are there on a special visa. If you are not born Japanese it is extremely difficult to get citizenship.

Their political system is different than ours. They have a Prime Minister who is appointed by the ruling party and he has very little power to change things anyway. He is merely a front man for the ruling party. They hold all of the power.
        ___               ___
             ]            [