Author Topic: Who is the best at porting and polishing stock cast heads?  (Read 2119 times)

Offline myrtle

Who is the best at porting and polishing stock cast heads?
« on: April 24, 2009 - 11:13:40 PM »
Hard to find threads specific to this, but can anyone recommend me a reputable shop or outfit that has had amazing results working over our big block mopar heads?

Looking to o a rebuild on my 440 one of these weekends, figure while im in there might as well get them massaged.
1970 GTX. #s Matching Super Track Pack

moparniac

Re: Who is the best at porting and polishing stock cast heads?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009 - 06:56:40 PM »
No one is better than Dwayne Porter ......

Offline airfueleddie

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009 - 06:55:45 AM »
Hard to find threads specific to this, but can anyone recommend me a reputable shop or outfit that has had amazing results working over our big block mopar heads?

Looking to o a rebuild on my 440 one of these weekends, figure while im in there might as well get them massaged.
What are your plans with this Big Block engine? Street Only or dual purpose street/strip, or Race only? Yeah, Porter Racing Heads is very good but there are a few choices out there. The valve seat itself, the valve, and the bowl will be 90% of the work needed. Many shops can do this.

Offline gkring

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009 - 12:05:11 PM »
if you are just doing stock 906 heads wouldn't the Mopar performance templates get you 80% there for very little money? otherwise I would think you would just go with aftermarket heads and not waste money porting stock steel ones. Top of the line head work is going to cost you as much as a set of aluminum heads and you won't be any further ahead performance wise. if you are class racing and limited to stock heads you have no choice, but it doesn't sound like you are.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009 - 12:05:22 PM »
Porter Racing Heads. If you must have iron heads that really work... He has done the heads for most of the FAST class big block stars...

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009 - 02:55:46 AM »
Where are you located roughly ?

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t