Author Topic: Musclecar Ministry, Dallas Fort Worth area  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Randy Mosier

Musclecar Ministry, Dallas Fort Worth area
« on: April 26, 2009 - 04:48:54 PM »
I think I've posted this here before, but it's time for an update. (Pictures will be forthcoming as soon as I upload them Photobucket.)
I'm heading up a men's ministry project at our church that I call the Musclecar Ministry. Our first project car is a 1971 Dodge Demon and yes, I get the irony :grinno:. The car is now in our shop and I've started work on it.

When I came up with this idea last year, it started out as a fund raising idea to help raise new money for our new church. But God has made it apparent that He plans to use this ministry for more than just fund raising. This ministry took off like a wildfire when I presented the idea to our men's ministry director, and that was confirmation to me that the hand of God was all over it and He has greater plans than for this than I imagined. 

So we're looking for anyone living in the Dallas Forth Area who may be interested in volunteering their time to help with this project. It is not limited to church members only. It's open to believers and non-believers alike, and to anyone else who may have questions of faith or who just wants to get some experience. This is an invitation to come help work on a worthwhile project and to see how Christian men live and work. We won't beat anyone over the head with the King James Bible, but we will work in accordance with Biblical teachings (though we do understand that someone may blurt something out when they skin a knuckle or bust their heads on something). Just come and see, that's all we ask. I'm aware of some sharp divisions of opinion on this site regarding faith in God, and I would say to the moderators to close this thread if any hot opinions start flying back and forth because that's not the intent here. That's why I say, just come and see. We all like these old classics, and that binds us together and puts in agreement on one subject.

So if anyone is interested, contact me at rj.rj2@verizon.net for contact info and the address of the shop, located in Grapevine, Texas.

Thank you, and have a Blessed day!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009 - 04:52:10 PM by Randy Mosier »

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Musclecar Ministry, Dallas Fort Worth area
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009 - 06:03:03 PM »
for the time being I will do all I can from here , if I get bored I might drive down & help

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009 - 06:51:27 PM »
 :popcorn:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline ROMI

• 71 Challenger R/T 340 4 speed, Lapeer Michigan
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009 - 07:29:00 PM »
I only wish I was near Dallas-Fort Worth. I wish we could do something like that up here in Michigan.  Please keep us posted on how it's progressing.  I have a bunch of friends I'm going to send this thread to.  They'll love it !

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009 - 08:40:35 PM »
Jesus and cars?  Can it get any better?   :lol:

I also wish I was close, sounds like a great time to help and grow. 

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009 - 11:13:37 PM »
Sounds like a very worthwhile project. Keep us posted with progress pics please.  :angelwings:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009 - 11:40:44 PM »

Just remeber, Jesus drove out Demons and He and his disciples were all in one Accord!  :smilielol:

This is an awesome ministry!  Wish they had something like that in the Boston area.  :(

God bless!
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009 - 06:43:31 AM »
Well I am a non-believer but live by a lot of the same principles and sounds like a great project and I love that you guys can have a sense of humor about restoring a Demon!I`m way too far away to help but good luck and-

:useless:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline farmertan

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009 - 08:37:42 AM »
Texas always comes up with the best ideas first. Sounds like a great time, pics of your progress would be nice to see.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009 - 09:22:09 AM »
God is a Plymouth man, though.  He drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden in a Fury.   :lol:

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009 - 10:48:22 AM »
Sounds like you have a good start on your ministry.  Would be cool if more would do this also. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009 - 11:45:08 AM »
Randy - give me a call sometime.  I live in Keller and am willing to help out. I can easily provide a side stripe kit for the Demon as well.  I assume you've heard about the Christian Classic Cruisers and their show every month at the Birdville ISD Stadium.  Might be a good idea to bring the Demon out there each month as a work in progress...  Are you planning on raffling off the Demon?  If so, that would be a great place to sell some tickets.  You also may want to contact the Cowtown Mopars and see if we/they can help out any.

Keep up the good work

Gary 817 713 7576
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009 - 06:11:50 PM »
What part of DFW?
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009 - 12:51:23 AM »

Toss in a little Rock & Roll and it's as good as it gets  :2thumbs:

There was a song in the late 80's/early 90's by the Screaming Blue Messiah's - "Jesus Chrysler Drives a Dodge" They also had a song called "Big Brother Muscle" which talked about the 440 6 pak under the hood. 

And who can forget the little ditty by Ministry called "Jesus Built my Hot Rod."  LOL

Sorry Back To Topic -  :useless:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009 - 01:13:06 AM by ChallengerGary »
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009 - 02:33:02 AM »
 :angelwings:  What a great idea, Randy.  Looking forward to some pictures.   :2thumbs:
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes: