Author Topic: Musclecar Ministry, Dallas Fort Worth area  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Randy Mosier

Re: Musclecar Ministry, Dallas Fort Worth area
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009 - 07:24:15 PM »
Thanks for the replies thus far, and I will get some pictures posted soon. Gary, the car is in Grapevine. I live in Keller also. I believe i contacted you about the side stripe kit last month right before we purchased the car.

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009 - 08:13:36 AM »
Maybe if you come up with a parts list people here can let you know what they have and can donate to the cause.  Let me know when you are read for the stripes, you can swing by my shop to grab them if you want or I can meet you anywhere. 
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline Randy Mosier

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009 - 10:52:52 AM »

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009 - 10:55:32 AM by Randy Mosier »

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009 - 11:04:35 AM »
Randy - the car looks VERY solid.  Was it local?

Offline Slotts

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009 - 11:46:06 AM »
 :angelwings:  Very nice ministry project!  :2thumbs:

Once completed, maybe you could use the Demon / Church story angle with the local TV stations for a bit more exposure.  ;)

Slotts

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009 - 01:27:20 PM »
sounds great ,do you guys have a plan on what happens to the car when finished  .also if the car belongs to your church would we get a tax deduction for donating cash to the cause thanks . :2thumbs:
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline Randy Mosier

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009 - 02:27:32 PM »
The car was owned by one of the members of our church, Gary. It was over in Allen sitting in his dad's driveway. It is solid and has very little rust. It will need a trunk pan, and I think a section of passenger floor, but overall, it's a very good foundation to build on.

When the car is completed, it will be donated to the church and then sold or auctioned off. The proceeds will go towards our new church. While the car is being restored, it is going to be titled in my name or in the name of our men's ministry director.

I've been doing some work on it and I need to upload some more pics to Photobucket.

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009 - 02:41:12 PM »
Where are you planting the Church?  What's the name? 

Any specific plans for the build?  What's she got under the hood now?  Will it stay that way?

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009 - 02:52:08 PM »
it looks like it would be a very good project with your guys.  it would be very nice if some other churches do this also.  going to very cool to get it done. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009 - 02:59:51 PM »
So are you going to be doing this thing in Grapevine or Keller?
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009 - 03:02:58 PM »
Are you going to paint it back the same color combo or what?  Just wondered if there were going to be any changes to it and is it a 6 cylinder or 318 or what?  Just sounds so cool to tie it to the bible as where I have used my cars like that in church as a ministry or class rooms also.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009 - 03:04:51 PM by 426HEMI »
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009 - 09:27:25 PM »
The car was owned by one of the members of our church, Gary. It was over in Allen sitting in his dad's driveway. It is solid and has very little rust. It will need a trunk pan, and I think a section of passenger floor, but overall, it's a very good foundation to build on.

When the car is completed, it will be donated to the church and then sold or auctioned off. The proceeds will go towards our new church. While the car is being restored, it is going to be titled in my name or in the name of our men's ministry director.

I've been doing some work on it and I need to upload some more pics to Photobucket.
just a thought if you give the car to the church you can take a fair price tax deduction this year .also i could send some cash and parts this would be a business write off for me and other business owners its a win win deal .the last thing the guys working on your car needs is to deal with is cash issues .have you done a cost analysis yet , when looking for sponsors alway ask for three times what you need for over rides thats how funded racers do proposals you can do the same .just get a list of needs in detail and post it . p.s. get your legal work done and i will invest on some level . :2thumbs:
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline Randy Mosier

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009 - 11:21:50 PM »
Let me get started answering some of the questions here. Guys I apologize for not getting back to this thread sooner. I'm filling for our Bible class teacher tomorrow and I have a new found respect for our Bible study teachers. It takes a tremendous amount of time to prepare a lesson plan. I didn't get to work on the car at all this week until today. I didn't even get a chance to check this site or any of the others where I've posted info about this project.

I posted an update thread in this same forum with pictures of today's work. Lemming, you asked where the car is being rebuilt. It's in Grapevine off of Dallas Drive. It's best to e-mail me at rj.rj2@verizon.net for the address.

Gary, same thing, the car is in Grapevine. And our church is First Baptist Church of Grapevine. It's located in downtown Grapevine off of Texas Street one block off of Main. We're in the process of relocating to a new property next to the Hummer dealership on 121. We''re outgrowing the downtown location and our children's center has become dilapidated. When we approached the city with plans to tear it down and build a new one, they rejected the plans, thus making it necessary to find a new property. I plan to get with you soon now that they've decided to back with a factory paint scheme as opposed to a Chip Foose two tone paint job. I'll be needing the side stripe kit and the rear stripe kit around the taillights.

426HEMI, we'll be painting it yellow and black with a black interior. I already have a 360 sitting in my garage along with a 727. I just need to get it torn down and off to the machine shop for inspection and machine work. The only concern I have about the powertrain is the rear end. It's got the 7 1/4 rear under it and we're going to have to upgrade that. The 7 1/4 will never survive behind the 360.

hebeeghz, I'm still working up the cost analysis. I needed to get the interior out of it and get a little further along on the disassembly work. Today for instance, I discovered more rust than we originally thought we had when we pulled up the carpet. The seller told us it only needed the toe board on the passenger side and that the rest of the floor pans were in good shape. Well, as is almost always the case in this hobby, there was more damage than what was suspected. We'll end up needing driver and passenger side full length floor pans. After removing the radiator, we found that that the radiator support was broken in two, so that will have to be replaced or repaired. I already knew we needed a trunk pan. But my friend, the offer of cash and parts is greatly appreciated. The person to contact about that would be the director of men's ministry at our church, Bryan Anderson. He will make sure to get you the proper receipts you will need so you can take the tax deductions. Bryan's e-mail is bryan.anderson@fbcgrapevine.com and put 71 Dodge Demon in the subject line so it gets his attention. He will be going on a mission trip to Brazil in the next couple of weeks, so he might not get back to you right away. In that case, contact me at rj.rj2@verizon.net and I'll do everything I can to help you.

Again gentlemen, I apologize for not checking this thread sooner. You had a lot of great questions and I didn't intend to ignore anyone. Lesson plans take up a lot of time. Most of my time this past week was spent on Biblegateway.com preparing for tomorrow.

But I thank you all very much and I look forward to hearing from all of you!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009 - 11:29:01 PM by Randy Mosier »

Offline Randy Mosier

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009 - 11:37:31 PM »
Thus far, this is what I know for sure. We need a trunk pan, probably better to go with a two piece. We'll be needing rear quarter patch panels behind the wheelwells. The valance panel under the front bumper is rough. I might be able to save it, or I might not. I'll have to wait and see. The radiator support is busted in two. That will replacement or repair. Both driver and passenger side floor pans will need to be replaced. I might possibly need trunk pan dropoffs also, but I won't know until I open it up.

And of course, carpet and rear seat covers. The front seat covers will have to be custom made since I'll be using high back buckets, most likely from a late model Camaro. A headliner is almost always a given. And this one was missing half the headliner but, the wire braces are all there.

I'm going to redo the instrument panel with a carbon fiber overlay and I'm going to order a white face kit for the gauges.

That's what I know as of now. I haven't even addressed some of the other needs, like disk brakes and wheels. That will have to be addressed later.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009 - 12:48:19 AM »
I find it ironic that pressure from the Church caused Dodge to drop the Demon name , of course timing of the release of the excorcist helped as well & now you are using a demon to raise funds for a new Church bld  :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t