Author Topic: alignment specs  (Read 1375 times)

Offline dougs bs23

alignment specs
« on: April 29, 2009 - 04:56:47 PM »
OK, so after a couple days of  :swear: :stomp: :pullinghair: :banghead: :working: I just finished the shop owners 65 new yorker front end,  all new bushings, shocks blah blah blah, you get the picture,  so before i set it on the alignment rack, I'm wondering if anyone here may have some good alignment specs for this beast . I'ts not that I dont trust the tech on the machine,,, but after all the work I just did, I want the boss man to be able to go down the road in a straight line.  And besides that the alignment tech is totally foriegn to anything older then something from the early 90's. So,,, if anyone can help mee out here with some,  caster, camber and toe numbers, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks, Doug
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline HP2

• Resident
Re: alignment specs
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009 - 06:22:11 PM »
Assuming the car has radials on it, as much positive caster as possible while maintaining 0 to .5 negative camber. You may not be able to get more than a few degrees postive caster without messing up the camber. Offset the right and left a little bit to compensate for road crown if this is a highway cruiser. 1/16 toe in.

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
Re: alignment specs
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009 - 06:56:48 PM »
Assuming the car has radials on it, as much positive caster as possible while maintaining 0 to .5 negative camber. You may not be able to get more than a few degrees postive caster without messing up the camber. Offset the right and left a little bit to compensate for road crown if this is a highway cruiser. 1/16 toe in.
:iagree: I used to set the left tire at zero camber and the right tire at 1/2 degree neg. camber to compensate for road crown.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda