Author Topic: carb questions  (Read 686 times)

Offline dougs bs23

carb questions
« on: April 29, 2009 - 05:02:42 PM »
Front eld is all complete on the shop owners 65 new yorker,,, now we are looking into the carb situation.  His preference is to keep it original,  and i kind of agree,  so,   after careful examination of the existing carter afb, it's my opinion that the vacuum choke pull off aand the divorced choke coil need replaced,  Problem is,,,,,, wher can I get these parts as all our local suppliers say "uhmmmmmmm sorry cant help you there" :bricks1:.  So I know someone here may be able to steer me in the right direction.  oh ya this afb is on a 413.
thanks for your help.  He's getting anxious to take this car out on the road as it sat for the last 2 years.
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
Re: carb questions
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009 - 06:50:42 PM »
Did they even bother to look in the parts books, or did they just figure something that old won't even come up on the computer and blow you off? A lot of the older small parts like what you need can be found in the carb parts books if the parts guy is intelligent enough to know where to look and motivated enough to do it! Car Quest has books with pictures and listings of the older small parts and I assume other places like Napa probably do too. If you can find a parts guy willing to do a little looking through the books (as opposed to most of the parts SELLERS who only know how to punch info into a computer) and take the parts you need to replace with you, you can probably find replacements. Good luck!
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009 - 11:43:49 PM »
Try these guy's they had/have alot of stuff for Carter Carbs...

http://www.carburetor.ca/

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009 - 12:03:59 PM »
Find a real parts store. You can tell it by the guy that asks you for the carburetor number. They will ned to look in the books, not computer, and look up the pull offs by the carb number which is either still on a tag on it, or stamped in the baseplate ear of the carb.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!