Author Topic: You Guys Think Your Having A Bad Week  (Read 5624 times)

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
Re: You Guys Think Your Having A Bad Week , Update
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009 - 12:05:03 PM »
Update, the insurance adjuster was here. The fire started behind the back interior panel.  :banghead:   They totaled it.   :crying: I still don't know how much they are going to give us. I don't have any deductable.  :2thumbs:   I just have to fax them all our reciepts of work that was done to it. Then we go from there. Shelby is getting better, still sleeping a lot. She is still on inhalers and antibotics. She goes back for a check on Thurs.    Thanks for caring guys and gals. 

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Re: You Guys Think Your Having A Bad Week
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009 - 03:17:00 PM »
Thanks for the update Jackie, fingers crossed that the insurance :money: pays her well enough to get what she wants in the next car :2thumbs:
Glad to hear she is on the road to recovery as well.............. :bigsmile:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009 - 06:04:20 PM »
make sure you argue what it was worth and that you get the car. my dad did that with his 78 D100, they tried $500 and he said yeah F-ing right. he got $1000 plus kept the truck and parted it out.

I made $600 from the Bed alone!
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009 - 06:15:58 PM »
Yeah I agree, the best bet is to get the car as part of the settlement and fix it up if possible. I am glad she is doing better, how's the back doing? Did the nerve wash or whatever it was work?
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

• Resident
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2009 - 09:37:36 PM »
Yeah I agree, the best bet is to get the car as part of the settlement and fix it up if possible. I am glad she is doing better, how's the back doing? Did the nerve wash or whatever it was work?
The car would be a mess to put back together.  The insurance agent said the fumes from the fire will corrude all the electrical stuff in the car. He said it might be working now but it won't be down the road. They wanna take the car without telling what they are giving us for it. OK. :icon16:  The nerve wash took my pain level from a 10 to  a 7. So I have to go back on Tues moring and have it done again.  :scared:  I can only work 2 days a week at the bar right now. And no lifting.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2009 - 09:51:16 PM »
That sucks about the car, burned cars are a pain to fix. I had a 1970 Duster that caught fire three time due to previous owners wiring. I sold it after the third one, enough was enough.

If the nerve wash does not work Jackie, this is next, but at least you can drink it.  :naughty:

• Resident
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2009 - 11:38:36 PM »
That sucks about the car, burned cars are a pain to fix. I had a 1970 Duster that caught fire three time due to previous owners wiring. I sold it after the third one, enough was enough.

If the nerve wash does not work Jackie, this is next, but at least you can drink it.  :naughty:
Only if I add some liquor to that , Barry.  :cheers:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2009 - 11:40:15 PM »
Jackie, have you ever had just a Cortisone shot? If so did it help any?
*Brett*

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2009 - 04:12:08 AM »
The car would be a mess to put back together.  The insurance agent said the fumes from the fire will corrude all the electrical stuff in the car. He said it might be working now but it won't be down the road. They wanna take the car without telling what they are giving us for it. OK. :icon16:  The nerve wash took my pain level from a 10 to  a 7. So I have to go back on Tues moring and have it done again.  :scared:  I can only work 2 days a week at the bar right now. And no lifting.
The stuff that the fire fighters use will also travel along the wiring loom and eat from the inside out aswell....  :22yikes: as if they can take the car without giving an estimate, i hope you tell them where to go :grinyes: goodluck with the doctors :2thumbs: if there is anything you need, i am only a message away :wave: i do not know how i can send you a foot rub :clueless: that would be nice, but the post office will not accept feet in the mail :faint: :roflsmiley: something about the smell :eek4: just kidding, you would get the foot rub :bigsmile:

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009 - 06:13:16 AM »
My old van had an under dash fire and instead of trying to splice the burnt harness back together I just swapped it out for a junkyard harness and never had anymore problems.As I`m sure you know anything can be fixed but it would be a fair amount of work so unless you guys are really attached to the car it may be better of totaled.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2009 - 09:10:45 AM »
Sad isn't it how some/most insurance companies are pos ! I agree too that whatever setlement you can get includes keeping Shelby's car. Nothing elese strip it out and make a sweet lil drag car out it. I'm sure Shelby would love that  :bigsmile: But I bet you would too Jackie. :roflsmiley:  Good luck.  :2thumbs:  :cheers:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2009 - 09:14:33 AM »
I hope you get a very good settlement on the car.  I hope that both of you are feeling better and the pain in your back is not as bad. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

• Resident
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2009 - 11:43:50 PM »
Jackie, have you ever had just a Cortisone shot? If so did it help any?
I've had a few. The Doc tried Cortisone before this. He even tried shoting a muscle relaxer shot right in the muscle, didn't help either.  It hurts like crazy the first 2 or 3 days. But it didn't help me at all. I broke my back when I was 17, so I've always had problems. But this has been really bad since Feb.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2009 - 11:50:07 PM »
Ouch, that sucks sorry to hear that. When it gets bad just slap one of those drunks, they will never remember it anyway lol. Hope this helps and you can get rid of the pain.
*Brett*

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2009 - 02:00:41 AM »
Any update to what is happening to the Daytona please Jackie, and Shelby's health ? :wave: