Author Topic: Well yall, I lost my job today.  (Read 2902 times)

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
Re: Well yall, I lost my job today.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009 - 05:20:14 PM »
good luck finding a new job.... losing it always sucks big time, I know.... but you will find something else, I`m sure.  :thumbsup:
*** Bart ***

Offline 70RAGTOPR/T

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009 - 10:33:06 PM »
First, congrats on the little guy.  As for losing your job, welcome to the club.  I've been out of work for 4 months now.  Luckly, I have a great wife who is very supportive.  Look at the bright side, you get some time to spend with your son.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009 - 10:38:22 PM »
Bad news for sure, best of luck on the job search  :thumbsup:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009 - 10:51:14 PM »
The first job I had out of HS I had for 2 years. Started at $2.75 and hour and made a whole $3.50 an hour when I quit. I quit because the forman hired a guy to do the same job I was doing (but not as well as I did, arc welding) for $4.50 and I complained, and he gave me a two day suspension. I told him to shove it and I quit. Best thing I ever did :grinyes: I first made a deal with another company to work for them a few months and get laid off, and I then collected unemployment which fell back on to the place that screwed me to pay :lol: My next job started the week my UI ran out and lasted 24 years. So you see, things tend to work out for the best.   
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009 - 09:51:52 AM »
Wow congrats on the baby and dont worry there is always a job out there for a hard working knowledgeable person like yourself.

I live in PA and i can say we seem to be doing ok might be a good area to check out.
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009 - 11:21:06 AM »
Like the folks here have already said....Congrats on your son!! I know how proud you must feel and also apprehensive of your uncertain future with the job market. I am hearing it (losing a job) more and more from people. I hope and pray the best for you and your family. I've got 30 years this year with the government and hope I can work another 5 years or so and retire. I just hope we as a nation can once again make this country prosperous, strong and God fearing.

Matt B.
Matt

Offline divingtigger

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009 - 01:56:48 PM »
I'll tell yall though, nothing made me feel better than coming home and holding my son. I pretty much just held him until I went to sleep last night. He made me feel a lot better.

I can relate.  Last year the company I worked for filed for Bankrupty protection and laid off 80% of the employees, no personal touch they call us into the board room 3 departments at a time to break the news to us, no personal touch...the VP stood at the front reading from a peice of paper never looking up once.  Went home that day and picked up my younger daughter and just cuddled with her for hours....really calming to look at your baby sleeping.

Hope it works out for you, I got lucky and my job before that one took me back (they called me and offered me a job next day) but that was thanks to my old manager and HR lady....they called everyone trying to find jobs for those laid off

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009 - 04:32:21 PM »

Hope it works out for you, I got lucky and my job before that one took me back (they called me and offered me a job next day) but that was thanks to my old manager and HR lady....they called everyone trying to find jobs for those laid off

That's good. I was talking to a supervisor who is still there and he said that a single guy there went in and told the management to switch him with one of the guys who had a family that was laid off. So they laid off the single guy and hired back a guy that has a daughter. That is one of the most noble things I have ever seen anyone do. Honestly, I would never have even thought to do something like that. I would have just been glad to still be there. It takes a hell of a man to do that.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline divingtigger

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009 - 05:22:18 PM »
What's worse is that one of the other guys who got laid off applied for the job I'm now (we were looking for 2 guys at the time) I got my job and they asked me about him (I didn't lie) and he didn't get the job, then he told people that he let me have the job because I have kids even though most of the people knew that my wife makes good money and the I could stay home if need be.  Nice to hear that there are some stand up people out there.

Best of luck to you and enjoy your son....they get old too quick (even though mine are only 2 and 4 they grow up in a blink of an eye)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009 - 07:28:21 PM »
That's good. I was talking to a supervisor who is still there and he said that a single guy there went in and told the management to switch him with one of the guys who had a family that was laid off. So they laid off the single guy and hired back a guy that has a daughter. That is one of the most noble things I have ever seen anyone do. Honestly, I would never have even thought to do something like that. I would have just been glad to still be there. It takes a hell of a man to do that.

Oustanding! You are right, it takes a real man to sacrifice his job for another.   :clapping:  That guy should get some sort of public recognition for that but he probably doesnt want any, people like that rarely seek out praise.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

wagesofsin

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009 - 07:35:58 PM »
remember, for every door that closes, another may open, and everything happens for a reason. sounds hokey, but its proven time and again. youll be fine, you have a good attitude, and a reason to be hungry enough to succeed.
congrats on the baby, and may the best of luck be with you and your family.
 :2thumbs:

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009 - 01:43:09 PM »
Wow congrats on the baby and dont worry there is always a job out there for a hard working knowledgeable person like yourself.

I live in PA and i can say we seem to be doing ok might be a good area to check out.

Lol - I can't find a job in PA to save my life...
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009 - 03:56:47 PM »
I have a lead on a couple jobs in PA, I just don't know if I'm ready to move that far from Texas yet. This is a pretty big decision to make, and not a very easy one.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009 - 08:42:21 AM »
Sorry to hear that you got laid off.  There's a lot of that going around.  On the bright side, especially in your line of work, Texas is a good place to be.  In general, it seems as if Texas is doing better than 90% of the country as far as this whole mess goes.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009 - 08:50:40 AM »
Just like what wagesofsin John said.  The door closed for me to go back to Iraq and then I saw the job for teaching at a college and then got e-mails concerning the job I am working at now.  I hope a new door will open for you as well soon.  Take care and keep your chin up. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon