Author Topic: Why does the 71 Cuda have 4 headlights?  (Read 24738 times)

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
Re: Why does the 71 Cuda have 4 headlights?
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2012 - 03:35:37 PM »
Thanks i love the video also was like being in a time warp for sure.

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline Triple Black hemi

« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2012 - 02:52:56 PM »
Have liked all E body cars since first seeing pics of them in car mags in the seventies.Was only a teenager then and didnt think I would ever get to own one.
After working damn hard over the following three decades was in the fortunate position to be able to buy one.It had to be a 71.Just think that front end has killer looks.

:iagree:   Front end of a 71 cuda is all business hard not to like the aggressive sinister appearance.

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2012 - 07:16:56 AM »

:iagree:   Front end of a 71 cuda is all business hard not to like the aggressive sinister appearance.
:iagree: to.

I wonder. If Plymouth had realized at the time that they had designed a winner of a front end design and decided to run it through '74, would it still be considered 'the best'? Or would it be considered common and by default, make the '70 grille the best? Rarity does strange things to public opinion.  :2cents:
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2012 - 07:37:20 PM »
Probably would make the 70 more valuable.

However, I would still like the look of 71's better.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2012 - 12:56:44 PM »
I wonder. If Plymouth had realized at the time that they had designed a winner of a front end design and decided to run it through '74, would it still be considered 'the best'? Or would it be considered common and by default, make the '70 grille the best? Rarity does strange things to public opinion.  :2cents:

I'm not sure what the designers where thinking, but the 71 Cuda design factored with high insurance rates conspired to make the 71 Cuda less desireable at the time. I recall reading several reviews where the automotive press panned the design of the car as garrish over the '70 design and buyer response was somewhat lackluster. Now beause of rarity, the ugly duckling has gained a new lease on life and guys will beat each other up for the chance to own the low production run '71s.

IMO, the cheesegrater grill, gilled fenders, and rocker scales all are comic in appearance. They look like a early 70's attept at building a go-bot car with bolt ons.