Author Topic: Not a Cuda or a Challenger but it is mopar  (Read 904 times)

Offline dandsgcuda

• almost there
Not a Cuda or a Challenger but it is mopar
« on: May 05, 2009 - 02:35:14 AM »
This is a very unique boat hull/motor combination. The boat is a 1973 Sidewinder with a factory V8 (360) Chrysler motor and factory Mopar Jet III pump. It started life as metal flake silver, I went through the entire boat in 1989 , painting the exterior Panther Pink over Black. I put in new gauges, and overhauled the pump. I had a new trailer built for it at that time (I just replaced the tires with new ones last year) . I also added an unique engine cover/ padded sun platform./diving platform, with gas shock assisted lift. It has gobs of room for ski gear and a cooler on either side of the motor. It has a flat interior floor, and will hold 4 people comfortably, it has more room than a lot of the larger Day Cruisers. A custom built ski deck and offshore style exhaust, the pump is simple and unique, with a stainless steel impeller that is virtually indestructable. As you can see from the picture, this boat planes-out as good as a $60K ski boat. Also, it can be throttled back to lower speeds for excellent wakeboard and kneeboard or tubeing use. The boat itself is in fair conditions. A few spider cracks in the paint, and cosmetic flaws due to age, it has less than 60 hours on it since the 1989 overhaul. I'd call it a "Nice Driver" condition. Extremely flashy on the water, a real attention getter. It comes with a spare 1971 360 block, J-heads, new 40 over pistons, new 284/ 528 lift cam and lifters and other parts. The boat is capable of 50+ mph with the mild 360 build. OR A built 360 or astroker 408 would probably give you 60+ mph.

The boat is located in Salem, Oregon. $5600.00 or best offer.
You can contact me by e-mail at rtnhobbies@hotmail.com or my cell 208-661-6904
ask for Ron.

If you can't afford a hemi Challenger or Cuda, or even a Duster or a Dart, and you love the water, here's a Mopar that your whole family can enjoy all Summer long.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009 - 02:37:23 AM by dandsgcuda »