Author Topic: 2009 Mopar Rally Ohlone College (less than a week away)  (Read 6110 times)

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
Re: 2009 Mopar Rally Ohlone College (less than a week away)
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009 - 02:41:30 PM »
I'm not going to make it this year, car might come home this weekend from paint so I need to finish building my storage shed and make sure my garage is in order. I will definitely make it for next years show-with my car - that hasn't been to the show since 98 I think.
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009 - 10:23:52 PM »
I'm not going to make it this year, car might come home this weekend from paint so I need to finish building my storage shed and make sure my garage is in order. I will definitely make it for next years show-with my car - that hasn't been to the show since 98 I think.

Not to detract from this year, but next is the show to go to, because it is our 20th anniversary and the 40th anniversary for the e body, so we are planning on making it HUGE. I want to get at least 50 e bodies and shooting for 100 e bodies. We are going to try and do a lot of things next year that we haven't done before, so it should be really exciting. We are going to work on the show shirt and flyer graphic next month (which is going to have 3 e bodies on it) and start advertising for next years show this year to get the buzz starting early.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline Bills70

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009 - 03:17:11 PM »
Nothing like thinking about this a little late! I know the show is only 2 day away BUT no ones has posted anything about meeting up this year!! how about it guys?? do you want to meet up some where like we have in the past?? if so where and when would you like to do this?? we can meet at my car if you want you can't miss it!! it has ladies etched in the quarter windows and is in bad need of a paint job!! I will be parked in the "under construction" area!! (since it needs a paint job I figured that would be a proper place for it!!) I think we usually meet around 1 pm does that sound ok to you guys? oh the car is blue with spots on the hood where the paint is missing!! here is a picture but it doesn't look this nice!! Hope to meet up with all you guys! that is the best part of the show for me is meeting up with all the cc.com folks!!   :bigsmile:
look forward to seeing you all there!!
Bill

Offline FY1Cuda

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009 - 09:17:51 PM »
We'll be there again.  Not entering the Cuda this year, as the interior is still not done (it's in the mail  :bananasmi ) but I will still drive it and just park it in the lot.  Looking forward to the swap meet.  ;D

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009 - 01:03:57 AM »
 :iagree:

Not sure I'm gonna enter the Chally either. The whole only entering as a project car one year thing is gonna cause me issues, since I'm pretty sure it'll still be a project next year. I dunno, I'll print everything out and decide tomorrow morning in the drive down  ;). I cleaned it up the best I could though, just in case. We'll see what time I get out of here too. Either way, looking forward to seeing some nice cars and checking out the swap meet!

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009 - 12:21:02 AM »
Because I am exhausted (haven't slept since in like 36 hours) I will only post a teaser pictures from the show. Wade from Mopar Alley drove his real R code 71 cuda convertible to the show. We weren't sure if he and his family was going to be able to attend as his wife is 9 months pregnant and is literally due any day now. But they all made it down. the show was great with over 270 cars and tons of spectators.

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009 - 01:51:58 AM »
Yup, awesome show. I registered in the Daily Driver class, decided I might as well put the car in the show since I was there! Great day, I took an entire memory card full of photo's that I'll go through and get resized to post later, at least the highlights. I was convinced the sun wasn't going to come out, but it did  :bigshades:. After, of course, I took pictures of everything  :crying:. I did go back around and get some full sun pictures of a few though. Swap meet was pretty good, I managed to get a 742 3rd member with 3.23 gears for $40!!! Non-posi of course. Can you figure out what else I got?

That's actually a very straight and clean '71 Challenger fender shoehorned into my passenger/backseat  :eek7:! (I don't think he's on here, but thanks to John in the next stall over for helping me cram it in there!) Just in case you wanted to know, you can fit a fender for your Challenger IN your challenger. Not recommended for those of you with finished interiors though :grinno:. But mine came out looking pretty much like it did before the fender :icon16: (yes the stuffing was hanging out that way before!). And for those of you contemplating a '70 or '71 clone job on your '72-74, I now have an extra driver's side headlight bucket/bracket I can part with.

Mike (topcat)- great meeting you, sorry I couldn't help you find those caliper brackets! We'll find you a set somewhere.  ;D

"Messy"- great talking with you too, I'll keep you in mind if I need some parts! And I'm not so good at names  :screwy:, so you'll have to remind me.

Talked with a few other folks, and just had a great time in general!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009 - 01:58:50 AM by 72bluNblu »

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009 - 09:22:41 AM »
Yup, awesome show.
 I was convinced the sun wasn't going to come out, but it did  :bigshades:. After, of course, I took pictures of everything  :crying:. I did go back around and get some full sun pictures of a few though. Swap meet was pretty good,

That's actually a very straight and clean '71 Challenger fender shoehorned into my passenger/backseat   
Mike (topcat)- great meeting you, sorry I couldn't help you find those caliper brackets! We'll find you a set somewhere.  ;D

Good meeting with you Bryan. It was kinda of funny how I ran into you. I saw your car and the people next stall over I asked what you are wearing. They described your T shirt and then it was a no brainer finding you. lol.

Unreal you shoe horned that fender in.

The weather here switches up really quick. Fog till noon...need sweater.
Sun in afternoon need light clothes.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009 - 12:30:30 PM »
Good meeting with you Bryan. It was kinda of funny how I ran into you. I saw your car and the people next stall over I asked what you are wearing. They described your T shirt and then it was a no brainer finding you. lol.

Unreal you shoe horned that fender in.

The weather here switches up really quick. Fog till noon...need sweater.
Sun in afternoon need light clothes.

Yeah if I'd thought about it last year the weather was similar, I'll try to remember that for next time! It was pretty funny, I walked back to my car and John said someone was looking for me then was able to point you out. But I guess I'm pretty easy to spot, my Social Distortion shirts are fairly memorable I guess!

Here's some e-body shots from the show, I'll work on resizing some of the others too!

This is John's (my stallmate's) '70, the car is actually Viper Blue, it looks A LOT lighter in this picture though...

And the rest of the E-bods. Beautiful cars all. Also, these pictures have all been resized (originals are 3072x2048) and most have been cropped, if anyone wants bigger shots of any of these let me know. I also have multiple pictures of some of these if there's something in particular you want to see!  ;D

spoiler anyone? talked to the owner, says it came from Race Spec Industries out of LA back in the 80's. I couldn't find the company on the 'net though, probably defunct.

I love the 'Cuda. Took pictures of it last time too. Beautiful car.

Offline Bills70

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009 - 06:37:56 PM »
I muat have been in the wrong place at the wrong time! I missed all of you guys! WOW! 72 blunblu I saw your car!   :2thumbs:  I thought it VERY interesting that you have the 71 only wide chrome on the front! I noticed it because I have it as a factory option on my 71!!  It was a great show and did turn out to be a nice day! I got a pretty good sun burn after a dumped the sweat jacket I was wearing! The batteries in my camera were dead but I think it was 72 blu's neighbor that gave me batteries for my camera! real nice guy. I didn't want to take the batteries but he insisted!  There were some GREAT looking cars there! I met a guy who was the original owner of a 70 b5 blue chally 383 4 speed shaker car! it has factory louvers, and a factory go wing on it!  He even ordered the chrome door guard things. I had never seen metal ones on a chally before.  His car was real nice and it was cool that he was the ORIGINAL owner!!
I ended up NOT taking any pictures tho! getting up early to get the car there after staying up late cleaning it! I was wiped out so picture taking was NOT on the agenda! and by the time I decided to take pictures all the cars I wanted to photograph were gone   :crying:  Oh well I am gonna check the club site and see if there picture guy got pictures of them!
all in all GREAT SHOW   :2thumbs:

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009 - 10:47:40 PM »
First the e bodies

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009 - 10:59:27 PM by 72hemi »

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009 - 10:49:04 PM »
I muat have been in the wrong place at the wrong time! I missed all of you guys! WOW! 72 blunblu I saw your car!   :2thumbs:  I thought it VERY interesting that you have the 71 only wide chrome on the front! I noticed it because I have it as a factory option on my 71!! 

Thanks! Yeah I like the '71 trim on the Challengers, it was pretty hard to put together a full set, not to mention expensive! But I'm planning on putting a '71 grille in it and converting over the sidemarkers too, which is why I just bought that '71 drivers side fender. Its a work in progress, but I think we can all say that!  ;D

I met a guy who was the original owner of a 70 b5 blue chally 383 4 speed shaker car! it has factory louvers, and a factory go wing on it!  He even ordered the chrome door guard things. I had never seen metal ones on a chally before.  His car was real nice and it was cool that he was the ORIGINAL owner!!

I met that gentleman too, talked to him for quite a while actually. I took a TON of pictures of his louvers, although I think I only got one of the whole car (oops). I'll resize it and post it up. Nice guy too, awesome car. A true survivor!  :2thumbs:

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009 - 10:50:57 PM »
How about some 426 hemi cars

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009 - 11:04:52 PM »
Found a couple more e body pictures I took.

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009 - 11:10:13 PM »
Here is a link to my photobucket folder with the remainder of the pics I took.

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn154/72hemi/Mopar%20Alley%20Rally%202009/