Author Topic: Challenger not sitting level... help  (Read 813 times)

Offline willj

Challenger not sitting level... help
« on: May 08, 2009 - 03:34:27 PM »
hey guys, finally started working on the old car after a couple year break.  Problem... took leaf springs off and got them re-arched and a extra leaf put in them.  Was expecting this to solve my problem of the car sitting lower on the drivers side.  Put the leafs in just now and its still sitting almost a full inch lower on the drives side.  Anyone here run into this problem before?  what would be the best approach to solve this problem?  thank you very much guys for any and all info, Will.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009 - 03:37:56 PM by willj »
73 Challenger 318 4 spd

Offline matt63

Re: Challenger not sitting level... help
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009 - 03:58:37 PM »
I would just adjust the front torsion bars to level things out.  Make sure to take the weight off of the front end before adjusting them.

Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline LAA66

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009 - 12:05:07 AM »
I would just adjust the front torsion bars to level things out.  Make sure to take the weight off of the front end before adjusting them.

:iagree:

Good place to start. Count the threads or distance the adjusters sits for reference.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009 - 05:14:56 AM »
if the drivers side is tyoo low loosen the bolt on the right front or tighten the left front T bar

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline willj

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009 - 07:27:49 AM »
thanks for the replies guys, i'm going to go out and try that this morning.  I'll post back with my results.
73 Challenger 318 4 spd