Author Topic: When You got your last ticket.  (Read 2859 times)

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
When You got your last ticket.
« on: May 08, 2009 - 07:09:27 PM »
I haven't had a ticket in 15 years, so I broke the ice today while going on a little trip around the area.

Got hit for excessive noise and failure to start with care.  150.00 and probably an insurance adjustment.

Must have been the 100' of rubber I left pulling into the rotary..... :misbehaving:

Tom

It was all clear with no traffic except for the 2 cars behind me, the 2nd one back was an unmarked cruiser..  No warning, kind of wish I got one.  Haven't even been pulled over in that time either. :walkaway:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: When You got your last ticket.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009 - 07:20:13 PM »
That sucks . . . sorry about your bad luck. 

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009 - 07:26:09 PM »
OUCH....that Sucks...  My last ticket of any kind was March 1982 ... 2nd ticket , although I have been pulled over a few times since, mostly harassment for nothing.  Not that I couldn't have been ticketed plenty of times.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009 - 07:35:24 PM »
45 in a 35 on a stretch of road where nobody ever does the speed limit. Cop was coming the other direction and went way out of his way to stop me because I had a white Hotrod, no doubt. I think I was stopped about 5 of the first 10 times I drove the car when I first got it for whatever bull**** reason they could invent. They all just wanted to see if the car was really legal.  :grinyes:  That's why I don't do anything more to draw attention to my self like with loud mufflers. Not where I live.   :dupe:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009 - 08:09:14 PM »
My last ticket for a moving violation was in 1990 for speeding - 70 in a 55.  I attended traffic school and got it wiped from my record.  I can't do that anymore - they no longer allow commercial driver license holders to go to school.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009 - 08:15:28 PM »
I got one a week ago for "Following too closely". I was behind someone doing 35 in a 45 in the FAST LANE. The cop didn't care. It'll be almost $300 after the lawyer and court costs. ($35 fine/$121 court fee).

This is plain and simple fleecing of the American public because all the towns are broke from MISMANAGEMENT.

This is the first time I've even been pulled over in over 20 years.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline Bluemonster71RT

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009 - 08:32:53 PM »
Man, my last ticket was dumb but worth a try.  I was cresting a hill and when I got to where I could see down on the other side I saw the cop with his laser gun pointed at me. I said to my self s**t cause I saw him hurry to his car. Quickly I thought that because there was a street to my left I could ditche him. Wrroonngg. I totaly forgot that threr was another street for him to cut me off. Needless to say he pulled me over.  He asked where I was going and I said "D&D". He said "Isn't it the other way?". For some dumb ass reason I said "you should know!". Well that got me a $250 ticket for 32 in a 25. Do'h. But he said nice car.  That was about 8 years ago.
1971 Challenger RT 383 4spd

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009 - 08:45:37 PM »
Hey Tom,
What kind of exhaust do you have? You could probably beat the excessive noise if he didn't have a decibal meter. I got harrased for excessive noise in my Barracuda which has glass pack "cherry bomb" mufflers. I love that old school sound in that car. I can't say I've ever heard of a "Failure to start with care" charge. What does that mean?? That you left excessive amounts of rubber when accelerating?? :roflsmiley: I am about due for a ticket and I have no doubt that I'll get one with the new stroker motor once installed. Sorry about the bad luck Tom!! :crying:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009 - 09:38:53 PM »
I got out of my burn out ticket. But I had a really cool judge.  :bigsmile:

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009 - 09:43:13 PM »
Hey Tom,
What kind of exhaust do you have? You could probably beat the excessive noise if he didn't have a decibal meter. I got harrased for excessive noise in my Barracuda which has glass pack "cherry bomb" mufflers. I love that old school sound in that car. I can't say I've ever heard of a "Failure to start with care" charge. What does that mean?? That you left excessive amounts of rubber when accelerating?? :roflsmiley: I am about due for a ticket and I have no doubt that I'll get one with the new stroker motor once installed. Sorry about the bad luck Tom!! :crying:

Matt B.

Yeah I'm going to fight it since I have new mufflers and a 10 day old inspection sticker.

And for the record I was working on a Paving crew at the time, paving 100' stretches at a time 9" wide x 2......

Tom :money:

If I can beat 1 of the charges then i don't pay a surcharge since it has been so long since the last ticket.

Tom

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009 - 09:45:36 PM »
45 in a 35 on a stretch of road where nobody ever does the speed limit. Cop was coming the other direction and went way out of his way to stop me because I had a white Hotrod, no doubt. I think I was stopped about 5 of the first 10 times I drove the car when I first got it for whatever bull**** reason they could invent. They all just wanted to see if the car was really legal.  :grinyes:  That's why I don't do anything more to draw attention to my self like with loud mufflers. Not where I live.   :dupe:

Huh, what did you say?

Tom :cooldancing:

It can't be that loud in there.

Or can it? :crazy:
Tom

Offline priderocks

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009 - 10:01:13 PM »
Last Saturday, actually. Doing 65 in a 45 on route 395 in California, coming into Bridgeport.

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009 - 10:03:03 PM »
Last Saturday, actually. Doing 65 in a 45 on route 395 in California, coming into Bridgeport.

When I was taking lots of ski groups to Mammoth, one of the cardinal rules was "slow down in town."  Lots of tickets in those little towns up and down 395.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009 - 10:56:55 PM »
Over 20 years ago... but hate to admit what I was driving...

I did a brief stint in the late 80's building RX7's of all things (having buyers with cash!!  :icon16: ) Any way hit the trap at 75 w 2 gears to go.. you cant over rev those rotorys,  by time he was on me I was in the 105-110 range... I was lucky, he could have shot me again in pursuit! ... now I have been stopped in NIKKI but so far all good!  :grinyes:  :thumbsup:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009 - 05:32:04 AM »
Sorry about your luck almost everyong But the cops actually seems to enjoy some tire smoke from these old muscle cars
been a Loong time for me probably over a decade , failure to use a turn signal  :banghead:
 I seem to harassed monthly still even after all these years  :pullinghair:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t