Author Topic: Back seat removal help!!  (Read 1458 times)

Offline TRIPLE-GREEN

• Coupe Custom Accessories
Back seat removal help!!
« on: May 13, 2009 - 04:39:20 PM »
Can any one let me know how to properly remove the back seat, bottom on my challenger to access the floor. I have to get it done tonight.

I got a TTI Kit and it has been hell. They screwed up and I had to pay extra. Nice!! But any help would be great. I am just not sure how to remove it.

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
Re: Back seat removal help!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009 - 05:27:30 PM »
There is a hook on each side that the seat "latches" into, about in the middle of the footwell area.  Pull up on the seat and you should be able to feel for it.

Typically, you can get it to release by "jamming" the seat bottom downward and rearward and then lifting as it stops.  The hooks are about 1" or so deep, so it'll take a decent shove.
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline TRIPLE-GREEN

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009 - 06:09:11 PM »
PERFECT!!!
Without you I would have been under the car tring to figure out where the bolts where!!  :screwy: :crying: :eek4:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  :ylsuper:

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009 - 10:41:08 PM »
No problem.  Glad you got it out.

What happened with your TTI exhaust?  I'm running the 2 1/2 on my car and LOVE it.
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360

Offline TRIPLE-GREEN

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009 - 02:30:47 PM »
The kit its self is fine. But I got the one retard at the show that didn't know what he was doing when I ordered it. So I didn't get the brackets I needed to go from single to duel exhaust. I told him. He spaced. So I had to pay full price plus shipping for the brackets. No brakes even though it was there fault. What ever I guess.
   The exhaust is also got the tips sticking way the heck out of the valance. So I will have to get the brackets installed and then see if I can get my guy to shorten the rear pipe. This after he tacked on the tips. NICE!!

It has not been the design of the kit as much as the people I dealt with. It is mostly sorted now.
  Man the kit is loud at 45-68 mph. I have to get the floor insulated better. But I am pretty much happy with the out come. Man it waked up a 318.  :naughty: It is totaly worth the money. Just don't let the guy that runs the Fab shop take your order at the show.  :eek4:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009 - 02:35:50 PM by TRIPLE-GREEN »

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009 - 03:04:25 PM »
Ahh!  Got it.  I would have thought your exhaust guy would know that kits like this typically include several extra inches of pipe for the back due to variations in car/fitment.  Oh well.
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360

Offline TRIPLE-GREEN

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009 - 11:18:25 AM »
Talked with him and he said easy fix. I should have just spoke up. It is all good now! And sound GREAT!!  :clapping: I totaly recommend!! :grinyes: