Author Topic: Aftermarket Door Panels for 70 Cuda  (Read 1387 times)

Offline 7Dcuda

Aftermarket Door Panels for 70 Cuda
« on: May 14, 2009 - 10:39:43 AM »
Has anyone bought and installed aftermarket front and rear door panels?  I'm looking to do this on my 70 Cuda with black panels and was looking for info. on how the fitment of the panels are along with how well the color and texture matches.  For those that do respond where did you buy yours from?  ...thanks in advance

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
Re: Aftermarket Door Panels for 70 Cuda
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009 - 10:49:09 AM »
Palco makes the better reproduction panels, but they are still off. The fitment varies from set to set and the grain is off. I saw them at SEMA last year and could tell the grain was wrong from 20 feet away (no joke). For a lot of people the reproductions are fine, but for myself I won't use them.

People on here have used them and are more than happy with them, so it is up to individual taste on how close to correct you want your car. There is another option and that is to send yours to Just Dashes and they cover them in vinyl. They look good but you can spot them a mile away because now they look like vinyl and not plastic. Again not for me but many people like how they look, individual taste and preference.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009 - 10:51:17 AM by 72hemi »
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
Re: Aftermarket Door Panels for 70 Cuda
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009 - 11:04:27 AM »
Palco makes the better reproduction panels, but they are still off. The fitment varies from set to set and the grain is off. I saw them at SEMA last year and could tell the grain was wrong from 20 feet away (no joke). For a lot of people the reproductions are fine, but for myself I won't use them.

People on here have used them and are more than happy with them, so it is up to individual taste on how close to correct you want your car. There is another option and that is to send yours to Just Dashes and they cover them in vinyl. They look good but you can spot them a mile away because now they look like vinyl and not plastic. Again not for me but many people like how they look, individual taste and preference.

:iagree: I sell them and as John as said, I too was at SEMA, go find originals.....