Author Topic: Another newbie from Down Under  (Read 3926 times)

Offline ladman

Re: Another newbie from Down Under
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009 - 04:26:33 PM »
Sweeeeeeet!!!
'73 'Cuda Pro Street

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009 - 06:14:42 PM »
Welcome aboard.....      :wave:   Nice looking Hemi Car.....     :2thumbs:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009 - 08:20:32 PM »
Sweet ride and welcome to the site! :2thumbs:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009 - 01:53:29 AM »
 :clapping:  Welcome to the forum, Hemi Dude!  That's a mean looking green hemi challenger.  I wish my neighbors had cars as beautiful as yours.
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline Hemi Dude

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009 - 03:44:57 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys, i am looking forward to a long relationship on this forum. :woohoo:
It has taken me 8 years to get my Challenger to where it is now, mainly due to lack of funds or space not to mention availability of parts in Oz is scarce. I have sourced just about everything from the U.S. thanks to the internet opening the whole world at your fingertip. I have learnt a lot on this forum reading the helpful tips and tricks and over the years i got to know most of you guys pretty well.
Now that i am a member it is time to share some of my knowledge that i have learnt so any questions some of you may have do not hesitate to post.
I owe you guys!

Keep those mighty mopars rolling   :working:

Chris
Hemi Dude   
'70 Hemi Challenger (modified)
'74 El Camino SS 454

"It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar"

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009 - 06:47:06 PM »
 :ylsuper: Hello chris,great having you here,great looking challenger you have there.  :burnout:  :2thumbs:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009 - 08:19:38 PM »
Welcome Chris, that is one nice ride, congrats.....   :woohoo: and a Hemi besides.....

You will be getting questions about the build up and install as I am about to do the same for my 70 Challenger.
OK, here gores, I only have 1 question,  Tell me all you know about the install and engine build....  :faint:

See, it is only one....thanks, Nick

If you like, please email me what ever you can about it so we do not use up the space here on CC.com.

nicksclassicparts@cox.net

thanks again, Nick

Offline Hemi Dude

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009 - 05:11:32 AM »
Hello Nick   :thumbsup:
Thanks for the welcome and the appreciation   :cheers:
I am glad you are only asking one question at a time. I was going to PM you with my reply but i decided to post it here in case fellow members may want to know as well.

The engine i fitted is a new Mopar Performance 426/465 hp crate assembly which already comes fitted with a 7 quart E-body sump so it all fits nicely with the help of Schumacher engine mount conversion kit. It allows you to use any V8 K-frame to mount the hemi in the original location. It comes with full photo instruction that made installation a breeze.
To keep everything simple and tidy i used Flaming River 16:1 manual steering with the TTI ceramic coated and polished headers with no clearence problems. The primaries are 2 1/8" which made life easier. The right side slipped right in from under and took minutes to fit, the drivers side i had to undo the engine mount and jack the engine up about 1" and went right in with the steering box and mini starter already fitted.
Now...everyone says when you fit a hemi you must use the correct brake booster for rocker cover clearence. Take a close look at my set up.... It is an aftermarket assembly from ebay that came with the offset and raised bracketry which after careful measurments i have removed and simply bolted the whole thing through the existing holes on the firewall. It all hooked up to the pedal like the original and there is about 1/2" clearence to the rocker covers.
I used a brand new engine harness from Year One that hooks up to the electronic dizzy and plugs in to your firewall connector.
A WORD OF WARNING TO ANYONE USING THIS HARNESS!!!!   :swear:
Two wires in identical colour are in the wrong location installed in the plug that separetes the harness on top of manifold.
It took me 4 hours to track down and fix because no spark to the coil.  :hyper:
Anyone want to know about exact location and colours PM me and i send photos.

I think it is enough info for now but do not hesitate to ask if you want more.

Hemi Dude    :burnout:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009 - 05:16:48 AM by Hemi Dude »
'74 El Camino SS 454

Offline cwestra

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009 - 08:47:06 AM »
Great looking car and nice engine selection.  Any reason you chose to stay with the 8.75 rear?  It's a strong set up but is it strong enough to handle all that power you'll be putting through it?  Just wondering.
Corey - in Northern Indiana

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009 - 03:38:04 PM »
Hemi Dude - thanks for the quick reply back, the motor pic straight on from the front looks good. So you are saying that the stock Booster will not work? If so, which company did you purchase the offset unit from? What is the diamenter of the new booster and how far does it from the front face to the firewall.

thanks again, also do you have any larger size pictures you can email me?

Nick

Offline Hemi Dude

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009 - 09:45:13 PM »
Hello guys,
cwestra, The 8.75 rear end is a brand new Posi with Strange axles, it should last until i ran the running gear in   :grinyes:

Nick,
The booster came from mattsclassicbowties that is his ebay name. His number is 1-866-628-8746. Very quick and cheap delivery.
I have removed all the brackets and the lot bolted straight onto the reinforcing plate with no gap.
I send you some close up picks soon    :thumbsup:

Hemi Dude
'74 El Camino SS 454

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009 - 11:03:35 PM »
thanks and if you can get the diameter dimension of the new booster, thanks, Nick

Offline OzCuda

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009 - 05:42:21 AM »
Welcome Chris - great looking Chally.  I went the resto line but given my time again I would go the restomod.  Hope to see your car around Sydney soon!  Cheers, Mark.
'70 Barracuda

Offline Hemi Dude

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009 - 08:24:28 PM »
Hey Mark, :wave:

Very nice Barracuda! I am sure we have met before because i do know your car.
I now how you feel about restomod, why not find another E-body and go crazy on it like i did.
Looking forward to meeting you   :cheers:

PS, i like your choice of colour   :ylsuper:
'74 El Camino SS 454

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009 - 10:26:44 PM »
All I can say is welcome to CC.C and  .............WOW....... :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Dave or David