isis wiring for old cars

Author Topic: isis wiring for old cars  (Read 1593 times)

Offline grimmey71

isis wiring for old cars
« on: May 27, 2009 - 11:12:57 PM »
http://v8tvshow.com/content/view/694/1/

has anyone seen this, what do you guys think?

Offline burnt orange

Re: isis wiring for old cars
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009 - 12:02:03 AM »
That's kinda cool! 
< ° ) ) >< 

Offline kmyles

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009 - 02:11:51 AM »
 :wow:

Pricey I bet :o
_________
Kevin

Mopar Lover....Cuda's....Challengers Rule!!!!
- 1951 Dodge - 2 door hardtop (Sold!!)
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 2012 Dodge Challenger Yellowjacket

Hard to believe what 20 years will do!!!!

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009 - 08:20:03 AM »
Mopar Muscle did a feature on this in this month's issue.  They plan on installing it in one of their project cars in the future.  It looks very intriguing.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009 - 08:50:16 AM »
If you think trouble shooting is a problem now....yea add a few dozen piece or electronics.  :dupe:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009 - 09:46:38 AM »
If you think trouble shooting is a problem now....yea add a few dozen piece or electronics.  :dupe:
Not true.  It's only one power box with LED displays that indicate exactly which circuit is having troubles.  You then have a box in the front and one in the rear where the wires come out.  The individual wires will be color coded with a chart to identify what they go to.  Obviously I can't vouch for how it will perform in the real world, but it looks to be something that you can adapt to absolutely any configuration and platform.  I'm sure it will be pricey, but should be ideal for the people that are doing restomods with power everything.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009 - 09:49:22 AM by 73Chally »

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009 - 10:22:27 AM »
Not true.  It's only one power box with LED displays that indicate exactly which circuit is having troubles.  You then have a box in the front and one in the rear where the wires come out.  The individual wires will be color coded with a chart to identify what they go to.  Obviously I can't vouch for how it will perform in the real world, but it looks to be something that you can adapt to absolutely any configuration and platform.  I'm sure it will be pricey, but should be ideal for the people that are doing restomods with power everything.

:iagree:  Lots of newer vehicles have had these multiplex systems installed for years.  In my industry, transit buses first had multiplex systems installed over 10 years ago.  We have four motorcoaches with multiplex and it makes troubleshooting much easier and saves a bunch of weight.  I'm pretty sure all of the heavy-duty truck manufacturers have also been installing them for quite awhile.

If I had the money and hadn't already bought the Ron Francis kit in the group buy last year, I would have definitely taken a look at this kit.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009 - 11:48:51 AM by Greg's HO R/T »
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009 - 11:11:08 AM »
Looks like a really cool product, but definitely pricey.  The basic starter kit comes in at $800.  The cool thing is that you are also getting a little bit of a security system in the same product.  The ability for the system to disable the starter and ignition inside the box has to be worth something.

I would have loved to have started my project with this in mind.

http://www.isispower.com/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009 - 11:13:51 AM by HemiDog »