Author Topic: how do i remove this trim?  (Read 900 times)

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
how do i remove this trim?
« on: June 02, 2009 - 06:43:24 PM »
im trying to remove the interior trim above the windows in my car.  ive removed the screws but cant seem to get the trim to pop off.  i dont want to destroy it.  looking at another thread i see how its supposed to look when its off but for the life of me i just cant seem to figure it out.  i was almost at the point of gorilla-ing the thing off but i thought id seek advice first  :stomp:
how do i get there from here?

Offline 73EStroker

Re: how do i remove this trim?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009 - 09:43:42 PM »
If you are talking of the trim that is above the 1/4 windows and above most of the door glass - then it is held in by the one screw then the rest is held in with clips that have teeth facing one way IE they go on easy and are hard to get off. They usually come off with a bit of tugging but they will tear the headliner a bit. I did not worry as I used a new headliner.
Barry (Salmon Arm)

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009 - 11:00:57 PM »
Joe, where ya been , haven't seen you around in awhile?? Keep that project going!!!  :thumbsup:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009 - 02:43:14 AM »
if the picture is what you want to remove they are the seat  belt holders , remove the screws & pry them off

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009 - 04:43:25 AM »
If you are talking of the trim that is above the 1/4 windows and above most of the door glass - then it is held in by the one screw then the rest is held in with clips that have teeth facing one way IE they go on easy and are hard to get off. They usually come off with a bit of tugging but they will tear the headliner a bit. I did not worry as I used a new headliner.

yes thats exactly what im talking about.  the pic i posted is of whats underneath there i was just trying to figure out if there was some trick to getting em off.  no worries with the headliner the only pieces left are under that trim.  i guess my original hypothesis is correct they must be gorilla-ed off.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009 - 11:32:31 AM »
must be stuck with contact cement from the headliner or something , they usually come off easily

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009 - 06:07:29 PM »
Joe, where ya been , haven't seen you around in awhile?? Keep that project going!!!  :thumbsup:

hey steve.  yea while i lurk alot i havent been posting much because i didnt get any work done on my car over the winter i just got cranked back up a couple weeks ago. i never have gotten around to installing that tank i bought from you. everytime i think about installing it and getting my car off its soda bottle for a gas tank i think of another reason to wait.  you going to madison or racine for the hot rod power tour?

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009 - 02:33:45 PM »
Hey Joe, Chris!... But then I called you John once...so were even   ???  Any way I found the old straps in the garage, your more than welcome to the straps and the insulator pad if you need them!!  Maybe that would be a little insperation!  :thumbsup:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009 - 04:52:16 PM »
hahahahahah hey chris.  i dunno where the heck i got steve from.  figures id see this post now since the wife is probably about half way back from visiting in milwaukee today.  save that pad for me ill catch up with yaa.  my straps are in fine shape though.  btw thanks for the help guys with just a little prying the trim popped off. . .