Author Topic: A Fish Tale , Farewell ( to my Cuda & C-C) and a New Friend Overseas -Pics  (Read 915 times)

kudakidd

The Dutchman that bought my Cuda arrived in the US Sat after an 8 hour flight from the Netherlands. We found that even with an ocean dividing us, we had many things in common; Mopars , music and a love of American culture. He stayed with me and my wife for 3 busy and full days. Some of the stories he told me involved the passion Europeans have for Mopars in addition to the ordeal they must go thru to drive American cars on the road there. This guy turned out to be a very interesting person and a great house guest. The manners he displayed were many that have been long ignored by many 'ugly Americans. We could learn a thing or two from our European counterparts. He also spoke better English than many of the students I teach! It turns out he had been watching the Cuda for two years but did not want to offend me with a low offer. When he saw my price was lowered, he jumped on it. During his stay we drove the Cuda around getting some seat time, crated and shipped extra parts and finally planned the last leg of his trip. He DROVE the Cuda to NYC (about 300 miles)to be shipped on a container. It arrived w/o any issues, but now the 3 week trip across the 'pond'. He told me that a Cuda he bought years ago was loaded on a container with a freakin' FORKLIFT!(obviously crushing the gas tank and valance). I'm glad he saw the car before it was shipped. As tough as it was to sell a car I had 10 years, I feel good knowing that it's going to a good home and will be appreciated. He said that all through Europe, American cars are highly prized and there are many gatherings. Who knows, maybe I'll see it when and if I ever visit Europe.

First time in the saddle

It's official

The Big Apple

The last view on American soil
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009 - 09:30:06 PM by kudakidd »

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
 :2thumbs:    Looks like he will take care of it where you left off. I'll bet he had a blast cruisin 300 miles in it for the first time and figuring out mph to clicks. He will have insomnia for a month waiting for the car

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
I'm glad your Cuda found a good home.  Did you turn him onto the site?  He and Bart (Dutch) could get to know one another.  And why would you say farewell to C-C - it's not as though you have to own a Cuda or Challenger to hang out here.  :chatting:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
I was gonna say, don't go...I don't have a Cuda.....or a Challenger but I'm still here....but it looks like you cancelled your account already :walkaway: :sadwavey:
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
There was no need to close the account, KudaKidd. :(  However, what part of the Netherlands is he from?  I am currently in Zwolle, NL for the next three weeks and may have some time to meet up with the new owner and possibly Bart (if I can ever find the time to do so). :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
Awwwe, KudaKidd, ya didn't have to go and delete your account.  You are still welcome here.  I hope you stop by and check in once in a while.  I am sorry you had to let your Cuda go, but I take comfort in the fact that she is in good hands and will be well taken care of. 

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
congrats on the sale,  I must say I`m very pleased with the fact that it`s coming to my country  :netherlands:
First time I saw a picture of this car, years ago, I fell in love with it...
we`ve never met but I did e-mail with a guy with the same name and the same color cuda  :scared:  a while ago and he was looking for another cuda since his was in bad shape....   :dunno:
I hope to meet up with him and see the car soon  :drool: 
*** Bart ***

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
I couldn't believe it took so long for you to sell your car. Good luck and hang around here. If we tolerate Cuda members  :poopoke: we can tolerate members without an e body.  :bigsmile:

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
If we tolerate Cuda members  :poopoke: we can tolerate members without an e body.  :bigsmile:

*** Bart ***