Author Topic: Got my B5 Classic R/T (sort of.......)  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
Re: Got my B5 Classic R/T (sort of.......)
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009 - 06:25:44 PM »
No, I won't be.  They treated me like garbage over there.  When I was enquiring about the R/T Classic they actually told me to forget it and look elsewhere, and then walked away from me.

I bought mine for below sticker from a Fields Dodge and have had nothing but good service from them.

We shall see, I just put my cat down today, so we will see how the week goes.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009 - 02:14:04 PM »
No, I won't be.  They treated me like garbage over there.  When I was enquiring about the R/T Classic they actually told me to forget it and look elsewhere, and then walked away from me.

I bought mine for below sticker from a Fields Dodge and have had nothing but good service from them.

We shall see, I just put my cat down today, so we will see how the week goes.

Ryan
I'm sorry to hear about your cat. :angelwings:
I was at the Rolling Meadows cruise this weekend and a guy came up to me and said he ordered a B5 classic at Advantage, and they actually sold his car to someone else when it arrived!
Last night I ran into the same guy at another cruise, this time his mom was with him, and she was saying some stuff about her son's car coming in at Advantage, but it was "all dirty like they had taken it off roading or something" and that it had some scratches that they said not to worry about, they would buff right out!
At any rate, this guy and his mom weren't exactly on the same page with their story about the Classic he ordered, so I don't know exactly what might have happened.  But what ever it was, Advantage certainly messed something up!

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009 - 12:44:12 AM »
Yeah, it is literally right down the road from my grandmother.  She lives at Wolf and Central.  So I thought it would be a good idea to go there and get some answers.  Oh boy, I showed up in my Caprice.  I even looked decent.  But I didn't want to put a $5000 deposit right then and there they were not going to talk to me.  They told me to go elsewhere.

I will NEVER go there again.  Even if I break down in front of their parts dept.  I will never go there.
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009 - 01:07:08 AM »
I was driving by Advantage today, closed for Sunday, so I stopped to look at a white Challenger they have out front.
Its a 2010 SE with no options.  Next to the sticker of 23K and change, is another sticker that says dealer adjustment of +$6000 because it has a "clasic B-5 R/T market adjustment". for a total of $29K+change.
How do those idiots stay in business???????

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009 - 09:51:26 AM »
I was driving by Advantage today, closed for Sunday, so I stopped to look at a white Challenger they have out front.
Its a 2010 SE with no options.  Next to the sticker of 23K and change, is another sticker that says dealer adjustment of +$6000 because it has a "clasic B-5 R/T market adjustment". for a total of $29K+change.
How do those idiots stay in business???????

:clueless:  Huh?  I do have a right eye infection but unless my left eye deceives me, that car looks white, not blue.... maybe my monitor is off....  :dunno:  :screwy:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009 - 05:40:44 PM »
Your eyes are fine, it's that dealer that needs his head examined.
Someone needs to tell them that THIS is a B5 RT Classic!!!
And the WI dealer 90 miles away from Advantage that sold this one didn't have any $6000 "market adjustment" sticker in the window, instead was happy to sell it at $1700 under sticker!  :worshippy
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009 - 05:46:43 PM by JH27N0B »

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009 - 03:35:45 AM »
And you wonder why the Advantage dealership wasn't one of the ones slated to close...  :dunno:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009 - 06:02:25 PM »
And you wonder why the Advantage dealership wasn't one of the ones slated to close...  :dunno:
I probably wouldn't be going out on a limb too much by saying it might have something to do with the fact that the president of the Advantage dealerships is a minority....   :stirpot: