Author Topic: 70 Cuda, Looking to sell/trade. CA  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: 70 Cuda, Looking to sell/trade. CA
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009 - 07:45:18 PM »
Oh, I wasnt trying to be mean and hateful. Did it look that way?   I just ment that they must have a car already, and not selling the barracuda for baby needs or home, just selling to buy a brand new car was all.   And the picture just looks old to me is all. Sorry if I offended you. Didn't mean to.

wagesofsin

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009 - 07:59:09 PM »
Hello all, I've been on before but quite a while back. Well I am back, with many questions. The most important is places, people, and prices. I am looking into selling my dads 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, I am located in Fremont, California.

This car is passed to me by my father, it has been my dream car since I was 7 years old, at that time I had no idea what a beauty this car was and could be.

The car has one minor dent in the front left in front of the wheel well which my aunt did when she borrowed it without asking. It hasn't ran since my dad went to Germany with the military, I would say that has been about 25 years give or take. He drained it of all liquids and put it into a Storage unit so my aunt, or anyone else couldn't do it any harm.

If only lived in Southern California, I would for sure have bugged Chip Foose and the Overhaulin crew to steal my dads car and fix her up for us. It has always been my dream to get her running and for her to be MY daily driver.

Now storage is hard to pay for, as I lost my job and so has he, not to mention I currently cant work too hard as I am expecting my first child in October.

Sooooo, If you all could so kindly help me in my search to trade this LOVE OF MY LIFE a nice lil mommy car such as a toyota or honda, and also some cash for my dad to help him get a new Harley, or his Silverado.

How much could a car like this go for? Maximum, Minimum, Trade In?
I have talked to one dealership in Folsom California, and they were willing to do $11,000. Ive been keeping them in mind, and I may still consider them.

nor did i ever intend to be rude or forthright.
i guess im just confused about the part about pops and you being outta work, but a new harley, or a silverado are ok to get?

:clueless:

did i miss something?
i usually do

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009 - 08:24:48 PM »
I met and spoke with Missy today at the Ohlone car show.
After some questions I asked, it seems fairly certain it's a 318 A/T car.

I mentioned she would obviously do better estimate value before selling, if she can at least get the engine running once again before selling it. She said her Dad emptied the gas tank before putting it in storage. A carb rebuild, new battery and oil change should get it back running.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Missy07

• 1970 Plymouth Barracuda
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009 - 04:00:12 PM »
Underlying the post about considering selling this car goes the matter that my husband/boyfriend is actually not a legal citizen YET, however he grew up here since the age of two. He never was given the resources to be able to attain his citizenship, until... me as I am a Chicano rights activist, my main goal in getting chicanos to better themselves through education and resource awareness. He does not have a license let alone a car, though he is working and saving for one. Construction jobs arent the best in this economic time. Nor is ANY job.

I myself have an 84 Toyota Celica, but it has been non-op since October, and I simply dont have the money to fix it. My grandfather and family friend passed away August, I went to school, and had a parttime job, in which I took time off for mourning, and money outta my pockets. Then comes Christmas, then being layed off.

I really dont take any offense what so ever.
My life is to be lived, not as youd see fit.
Hopefully with my lovely dream Cuda in it,
to last into my midlife crisis. Then retire to the trailor.

- - - - - - -
Mr John,
President of Mopar Alley.
I did see you, but I did not get the chance to speak with you. I was busy looking at the 20 or so Cudas there.

Anthony the owner of the blue 72 cuda, I forget what engine gave me his number if I ever need a good mechanic or know how. What a patriot, and a good humored man. His wife accepted their award.
-Marisa

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009 - 12:23:49 AM »
Well I would hate to see you sell your car just for basic transport , I do have potential buyers , or or under $1000 would get you another decent car to drive ,, I bet the funds could be raised

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t