Author Topic: Convertible Rattle  (Read 939 times)

Offline VTMopar

• '70 Challenger Convertible, '74 Challenger Rallye,
Convertible Rattle
« on: June 05, 2009 - 09:27:43 PM »
I've been trying to figure out rattles in my Vert.   Taken off door & rear panels.....I think I've narrowed it down to the special wedge pieces on the doors.    The springs on the wedges seem tight, but when the door is closed there is a rattle - when open it is gone.   Anyone else had this issue? 
VT MOPAR

Offline VTMopar

Re: Convertible Rattle
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009 - 12:32:45 PM »
Any Ebody Vert owners out there that can comment? 

VT Mopar
VT MOPAR

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009 - 08:09:23 PM »
The springs on the wedges seem tight, but when the door is closed there is a rattle - when open it is gone.   Anyone else had this issue? 

:iagree:  Mine behaves the exact same way. I've tried rolling the window up a bit and down real hard...still rattled. Never thought much about after that experiment, just figured it was another noise to live with. Thanks for the discovery, now what do we do about it.
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline VTMopar

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009 - 03:44:09 PM »
Hmmm      I have no idea.   Mine are "tight" -- in that the spring loaded receptor on the door pillar is tight when the door is open.   When the door shuts, the other piece (on the door) slides into it.   I"m not sure why it rattles...... I suspect this is unique to convertibles as these are meant to provide additional support to the doors .....     Perhaps someone else out there will chime it.

VT Mopar   
VT MOPAR

Offline VTMopar

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009 - 12:23:34 AM »
Now I'm thinking these were put on backwards...... which may have caused the rattle, but I'm not positive.    What is the purpose of these anyway (only on Verts?)   It would appear they are to help "spring" the door open??

VT Mopar
VT MOPAR