Author Topic: Wanted: Small block 4 barrel carb throttle/kickdown linkage  (Read 3674 times)

Offline 72bluNblu

Wanted: Small block 4 barrel carb throttle/kickdown linkage
« on: June 05, 2009 - 10:59:51 PM »
So after finishing my intake and carb swap I'm just about positive the 4 barrel throttle and kickdown linkage is totally different than the 2 barrel stuff, unless I have a really special set up.

So if you've got a stock set of small block 4 barrel linkage running around, I'd love to buy it! Should be at Ohlone this weekend for anyone in Ca going to the show.

Thanks!  :bigsmile:

Offline Daves74chally

• "Yea.... I need another new pair of tires"
Re: Wanted: Small block 4 barrel carb throttle/kickdown linkage
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009 - 11:52:20 PM »
I may still have the setup laying around in the garage, but the rod that goes to the carb is very tampered with  :misbehaving:
1974 Dodge Challenger 414 stroker, 727 trans, 8 3/4 posi [OO/`````\OO]

Buffalo, NY

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009 - 12:45:42 AM »
I may still have the setup laying around in the garage, but the rod that goes to the carb is very tampered with  :misbehaving:

That'd be great if you do, I have a couple 2 bbl setups at this point so I'm sure I could come up with something for the rod. That's an easy part anyway  ;).

Offline shatar4

• 71 Challenger
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009 - 10:10:26 AM »
Could you post a pic of what you need, I'm sure I have it if Dave can't find his.
1971 Triple black 340 Challenger

Offline Daves74chally

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009 - 12:55:06 PM »
here is what I have, let me know what you need.

Buffalo, NY

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009 - 10:43:17 PM »
See, the problem I have is I'm really not sure what I need  :dunno:. I'm just pretty sure what I've got isn't right  ::).

This is what I have now. As you can see I moved the kickdown lever to the outside of the pivot, which actually makes it pretty straight. The length isn't quite right, hence the machine screws (although I think I could take one out and readjust the trans lever at this point)  :icon16:. But the angle on the throttle cable is goofy, it contacts the choke linkage. And the kickdown linkage at full WOT just barely misses the throttle cable mount, after I tweaked it a little. So, I wouldn't think this is right, but maybe I'm wrong?

Offline Daves74chally

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009 - 11:29:11 PM »
Oh I didnt see that you went with an aftermarket intake and carb. I went through the same problem(thats why the rod was tampered). No matter how much adjusting I did, I never could get things right. I asked around last sumer on cc.com about this and everyone suggested to go with a KD cable setup.

I picked this up at a performance shop by me, this is made by Lokar.
All together I got the bracket, 727tf KD cable, and a throttle cable.
All for around 150. Easy to install and sooo worth the money.

Buffalo, NY

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009 - 02:24:00 AM »
Yeah I think I'm just going to wait, when the Chally gets the new 340 a 4 speed is going in too, so I'll just need a throttle cable. What I've got now is working finally, and seems to be getting the job done.  No reason to spend $150 for something I won't be using soon.

Thanks for the help though! I appreciate it!  :2thumbs: