Author Topic: Whewww- FINALY  (Read 1443 times)

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
Whewww- FINALY
« on: June 08, 2009 - 09:36:13 PM »
Well, I after a late start (early march) I am finaly finished my little winter projects.

Besides a good tune (hopefully this saturday), my car is ready for the road.  This will be only the second time in the almost 18 years that I have owned the car that it will be on the road for the spring and summer months.

So here is a list of what I did:

recurved the dist;
rebuilt tack with new board;
converted to rallye guages;
modified heater controll panel;
fixed stripped header bolt hole;
new header and collectot gaskets (fixed leaks);
rebuilt the heater box;
retrofit shoulder belt in the rear (son's car seat);
wired in relays for elc fuel pump and fan;
installed a horn;
rewiring the stereo/speakers.

Whew, took a lot of late nights (2:00 am) but man, I cannot wait to  :burnout:

I am not done (are they ever done), but I sure am happy!! :cooldancing: :woohoo: :bigsmile:

Here are some pics of the gauges, the engine and my workspace. :aarg:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009 - 12:37:58 PM by CUDA JAS »
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

wagesofsin

Re: Whewww- FINALY
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009 - 09:47:41 PM »
glad to hear you eliminated your to-do list   :2thumbs:

looks great. have fun, and drive safe...   :burnout:

my son used to love driving anywhere in my cars, always made engine sounds, and then fell asleep, hahaha.

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009 - 09:56:52 PM »
Looking good!!! I really like the black ralley dash treatment. How did you go about that? :2thumbs:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline DMZ73

• http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009 - 10:47:06 PM »
nice job! Glad to hear you crossed all of your items off the list!

Dan
One E body saved, 7 years and counting.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009 - 02:36:57 AM »
Man I just love the look of the black guage face plate ... I may have to make one  :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009 - 08:42:30 AM »
Looking good!!! I really like the black ralley dash treatment. How did you go about that? :2thumbs:

Thanks guys,

The woodgrain on the face plate is paint.  SO I sanded it down, primed and painted it matt black.  The shiney parts have a brushed finish on them.  I sanded all the paint off and hit them with a red scothch bright pad.  Thsi took some work as you need to be carful and make sure all your strokes are int he same direction.  You could polish those spots if that is the look you wanted (i have seen it done).   :bigshades:

Jas

74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009 - 08:43:14 AM »
 :2thumbs: Mopar bud, that looks great, and may I congratulate you on your PATIENCE, 18 years ! that is a long time to wait. Enjoy the ride my friend.  :cheers: < << after ya get back home.  :roflsmiley:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline leithal

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009 - 08:50:19 AM »
Feels great to knock out a list of todo's like that!  Oh, I love the gauge treatment and plan to do the same with my project.  Looks great.

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009 - 05:22:28 PM »
I really like the gauge face plate in black.  I have been thinking of doing that for quite some time now, especially because the gauge section was changed out at sometime and my woodgrain does not match up to the left hand prtion with the switches like it is supposed to.  I know not many people notice it, but it drives me INSANE.  Thanks for sharing.  You may have pushed me into a decision!   :clapping:

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009 - 12:44:14 PM »
:2thumbs: Mopar bud, that looks great, and may I congratulate you on your PATIENCE, 18 years ! that is a long time to wait. Enjoy the ride my friend.  :cheers: < << after ya get back home.  :roflsmiley:

Well, I tell you, this year was easy, last year, I sarted the process of putting the car on the road after being in storage sine 1993.   Took me all winter and summer, it needed a lot more than I thought it would.  I finaly got to drive it in October of last year.  Took one long trip in it (300 plus miles) and back in storage it went for the winter.

So this year, I am pretty excited to have it on the road for the next 4 months!!! 

Thanks for all the replies.

I hope I have inspired soem ofyou to modify your rallye gauges, I really liked the way it turned out. :bigsmile:

Jas
74 'cuda 360/727

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009 - 01:38:58 PM »
Looking good and that's awesome you can have it back on the road again after all those years sitting. :2thumbs: :cheers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin