Author Topic: Cdn. Cuda Resto  (Read 49677 times)

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
Re: Cdn. Cuda Resto
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2010 - 07:37:29 AM »
Man that looks sweet, that will give you some motovation for sure!

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2010 - 04:23:09 PM »
That paint looks SWEET.... Nice to see your moving right along  :thumbsup:

It's not just your age...we all have our moments...ever consider orange interior?   :smokin:

if i went with orange interior i'd have an orange overload i think :crazy:
Geoff
70 Cuda 440-4, auto, 8 3/4 sure-grip

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2010 - 04:56:30 AM »
well after cleaning pretty much all the over spray up i went back to painting. i redid behind the bumper and the tailpanel. which came out like glass. i start thinking to my self "man, i'm getting the hang of this painting thing". Acouple days later. i get ready to do the tailpanel blackout and find a little pint of paint in my garage without a label marked trim black. so i think perfect, i test it out. looks good. do the first couple coats, comes out nice. when i came into the garage to do the third light coat,i notice multiple sags in the paint all over. :faint: i don't know what happened, so call my dad and find out the paint is over 20 years old. :swear: that's my best guess for why it sagged,

anyways heres some pics. i will be there sanding the sags tomorrow. :working: nothing like doing the same crap over again :banghead:

Geoff

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2010 - 04:20:44 AM »
thought i would throw up the chops i got from aaron beck of my "vision" theres a couple things i'm not decided on like wheel colour and little stuff like rocker moulding but thats later. :bigsmile:

Geoff

Offline Jimmy

• THE Challenge(r)
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2010 - 07:53:53 AM »
Sweet! Can't wait until I get my chops from Aaron. I like the orange wheels myself, and with the white interior, that looks killer!
1973 Challenger w/440
1967 Camaro RS w/502
1967 Mustang w/302
1965 Ford F100 w/429

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2010 - 09:31:25 PM »
Body color wheels!
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2010 - 02:20:17 AM »
.......black wheels....  :grinyes:
*** Bart ***

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2010 - 07:54:43 AM »
Body color wheels!
:iagree:   Maybe put up a poll?
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2010 - 12:10:25 PM »
Rallye Wheels!
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2010 - 03:44:04 PM »
No way, definitely dog dish caps. I'll be doing that someday!  :clapping:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2010 - 04:27:35 AM »
well i've honestly been running out of stuff to do, on the car which doesn't involve welding or something i will end up redoing later. i've continued to redo all the little brackets, and such but it gets a little boring. anyways i think i've got my fenders up to par (we will see after final blocking) so i painted the edges and buckets. i've also been working on adding more holes on the car including mirror, call outs and hood pins. i also did the underside of the hood. the thing must have been laying on the ground for a long time, cause the whole underside is badly pitted, but a new hood isn't in the cards, and didnt want to spend hours filling it in with putty. i've been trying to save up for my welder, and hopefuly will have a job soon so that should be in the near future.

it was 3 celsius here the other day and so i pulled the car out and got to work on it in my driveway,people must have thought i was crazy :crazy: just cant wait for summer :swaying:

Geoff

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2010 - 08:51:52 AM »
Lookin good!
Hey that should be in the "I am Canadian" beer comercials about you working on your car outside in winter.! LOL I couldn't take it waiting for the temperature to get warm either so I put on insulated coveralls and worked on mine for a couple of hours too, till I got cold . I got most of my subframe conectors made.
Funny I remember banking snow around the sides and back of my car to keep the wind out while changing a tranny.I must be getting soft in my old age...LOL
Have fun, I bet your Dad thinks it's great too!
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2010 - 07:32:59 PM »
haven't made a whole lot of progress latley, still being held up by the welder thing but did get a couple things done. it has hit 5 celcius here a couple times which gave me motivation to work on the car, i gusseted the steering box mount and finished stripping and prepping my k-member. removed the fenders again, hopefully for the last time :dunno:

I am loooking into renting a welder from a local rental place. it would cost under 100 bucks for a weekend, and i should be able to weld up all my patches if i work hard. Because once the welding is done, there won't be much holding me back from getting her moving again. except for the usual culprit :money:
Geoff

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2010 - 05:53:34 AM »
Well i finally have some real progress :woohoo: i picked up a rental welder today as i came to the conclusion that it's really not in the cards right now to buy my own. it's not the greatest and it is flux core :eek4: but it's getting the job done, just more grinding. i have it until 5 tomorrow unless i want to pay threefold til monday. but i think i'm going to make it. I'm really appreciating all the time i spent making patches as they're just flyin in. tonight i got both my hood hinge areas in, the hole above the shock tower fixed, the cracks around the shocktower fixed, one innerfender edge welded, battery tray area fixed, and the driver firewall and brake booster area tacked in. all in all really succesful and i'm feeling like i've really done something.  :working:

tomorrow i'm gonna fry in the two nuts in the rad support, finish the patches i tacked, close off both side of the cowl and goin up the inner fenders to the firewall and cowl. unfortunatley i didnt make my pass. side cowl patches yet so that will take some time but all in all i'm having fun :cooldancing:

forgot to take the picture befor the filler

« Last Edit: March 20, 2010 - 06:06:03 AM by Canadian Cuda »
Geoff

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2010 - 09:06:32 AM »
Geter Done   :clapping:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!