Author Topic: Cdn. Cuda Resto  (Read 49686 times)

Offline Canadian Cuda

Re: Cdn. Cuda Resto
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2010 - 01:19:32 PM »
Regarding the rear gears - do you have 14" or 15" wheels? If 15" you might want to consider 3:55's instead of going back to the 3:23's. They're fun like the 3:91's but you have reasonable RPM's on long highway cruises.

i have 15"i was kind of thinking of middle of the road gear like that, if i could maybe trade one of my sets for them i might be up for it. i will only be driving around town this summer with her as I'm sure i havent worked out all the bugs in it.so i'm fine with the low end for now i think :burnout: ... once i get to that point i'll worry about it.
Geoff
70 Cuda 440-4, auto, 8 3/4 sure-grip

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2010 - 08:01:59 PM »
got to put some shiny, clean stuff back on :working: including carpet, kickpanels, heater box, bulkhead etc. so pretty much put interior back in. also all door weatherstrips and did the blackout on the rad. and cowl. this stuff is way more fun :cooldancing:
Geoff

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2010 - 09:06:13 PM »
got some pics of her out in the sun the other day, also got my brake lines all back together, just need to clean'em and clear 'em, fingers crossed no leaks.  :lol2: still slowly getting paint of all the rubber parts and stuff. i've got a deal going with i guy who wants to buy my road wheels so, hopefuly i can get that done so i can pick up a few parts and some more paint for the k member.

Geoff

Offline Mentally Challenged

« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2010 - 09:38:34 PM »
Looking good  :2thumbs:
Chris, Ohio

Offline rtgambit

• Member since March 31, 2003
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2010 - 09:56:18 PM »
Looking good  :2thumbs:

I'll second that! Very cool!
Matthew
1967 Dodge Dart GT
1971 Dodge Challenger R/T
2014 Ram 1500

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2010 - 12:35:14 AM »
Well i got my brake stuff all sorted out, and the linkage back in. nothing like tightening an inch long bolt an 1/8 of a turn at a time upsidedown :swear: but thats part of the fun right

ps: anyone know what that wire that comes through beside the booster is for?

Geoff

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2010 - 08:20:04 AM »
cuda clutch saftey switch i believe. looks good dude

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2010 - 01:21:34 PM »
Well i got my brake stuff all sorted out, and the linkage back in. nothing like tightening an inch long bolt an 1/8 of a turn at a time upsidedown :swear: but thats part of the fun right

ps: anyone know what that wire that comes through beside the booster is for?

that wire is for road lamps. atleast thats where my 71 barracuda has the wire for road lamps at it is a green wire also so it just about has to be for road lamps. look at the dash should be a switch by the heater controls for the road lamps.
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2010 - 02:33:21 PM »
that wire is for road lamps. atleast thats where my 71 barracuda has the wire for road lamps at it is a green wire also so it just about has to be for road lamps. look at the dash should be a switch by the heater controls for the road lamps.

i had feeling that's what it was, my car came with the light package so it is supposed to have road lamps. i dont have anything beyond that wire until i get to the roadlamps. guess that's another thing to find :(
Geoff

Offline barracuda7199

« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2010 - 07:30:33 PM »
from there on down is just a green wire runs down the fender to the core support then down the bottom of the core support held on by a couple metal spring clips that slid on the edge of the bottom of the rad opening then it goes to the road lamps not sure what the lamp connection looks like my lamps weren't on when i got the car they were laying in the car minus the brackets that mount them. i do know that they ground to the brackets. you can get the brackets at B/E and A i do believe.
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2010 - 08:55:56 PM »
http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/65-67-FOG-LAMP-BODY-ASSEMBLY-P2157.aspx

They (or Scott Drake www.scottdrake.com) also carries a bezel without the Mustang cross bar.  They are exactly the same size and shape as the Mopar pieces for 15% of the cost.
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2010 - 03:32:36 PM »
i do have a the brackets and one road lamp, they hook up with pig tails, i'm thinking i'll make my own since it will be out of site. already have a leak in master and got peeled paint on the booster :swear: thats why i'm going to dot 5. took my entire front harness apart, cleaned it re wrapped it and put it in along with the tranny wiring. also got my fenders and header on for good.I'm about 85% happy with the fit. i put a bunch of work into them already so i'm just gonna leav'em, the main problem is they flex so the gap will change if you touch them.
I also put in the steering box and hooked all the steering back up.

so the car has the stop and the turn it just needs the go :burnout: :lol:
Geoff

Offline barracuda7199

« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2010 - 10:44:25 PM »
i sold my road lamps but i was missing the brackets one bulb wasn't correct and i also put a fiberglass bumper on the car so i didn't remount them. if i still had em i would have cut you a deal on em.
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline sadil340

« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2010 - 01:04:36 PM »
i had feeling that's what it was, my car came with the light package so it is supposed to have road lamps. i dont have anything beyond that wire until i get to the roadlamps. guess that's another thing to find :(
You can also get the roadlamp wiring harness that goes from the plug you have to the lamps themselves. If you want a used harness let me know.
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
3:55 SureGrip
Owned since 1974
Bought from original owner

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2010 - 07:47:41 PM »
Not much to update, got my header, valence, and mirror in high build, and sanded to 400, grit. also started the final blocking on the body so it can finally be one colour of primer, the 5 diffrent colours doesnt really do it for me :lol:  I have the pass. side done and the rear. i'm getting better cause only found a couple small high spots on the door and one low spot on the fender. there's just nothing better than wiping it down with a wet rag and it looks like glass :bigshades:

also buffed my sill plates and got my wipers all hooked up, i was going to send my motor in to kim at Passion4mopars, cause it looked like crap, but once i stripped the old paint off it looked good for now, i can use that money for something else.

Geoff