Author Topic: Cdn. Cuda Resto  (Read 49681 times)

Offline Challenger III

Re: Cdn. Cuda Resto
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2010 - 08:19:18 PM »
 :2thumbs: Looking really good, Geoff!
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2010 - 06:33:00 PM »
Looks good, I would suggest clear coating the wiper motor if you used anything abrasive. Mine surface rusted, I wire wheeled it.

:2thumbs:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2010 - 02:22:05 PM »
Looks good, I would suggest clear coating the wiper motor if you used anything abrasive. Mine surface rusted, I wire wheeled it.

:2thumbs:

I've been clearing any bare metal :thumbsup:
Geoff
70 Cuda 440-4, auto, 8 3/4 sure-grip

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2010 - 02:39:56 PM »
not much to update, i've mostly been saving up some cash for the exhaust. i did get the hood fitted and i'm almost ready for paint, just a bit more sanding :eek4: I finished painting my K-member, and and steering linkage, also went throught the rest of the wiring, cleaned up any bad connections/burnt wires, re wrapped it and put it in. everything is ready for the motor, just need exhaust.
 I have had enough with these stupid fenders though, i got my hood about as good as i could with them, go to lower it and realize the fenders dont have the right contour. meaning it is level at the front and back, but the hood arches above the fender. it is the original hood so i know that's not the problem. i can either glass them and build them up or just live with it. I decided just to live with it for now, and drive it this summer. :burnout: :bigshades:

got the rest of the front mounted, and figured out my stupid headlights which needed all four hole re drilled.

this is the problem :swear:

Geoff

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2010 - 04:26:46 PM »
from what I can see in the picture, you`ve still got something to gain at the front of the hood... looks like it sits too high there.  I`m sure you can get the fenders to fit pretty good if you stag some shims between the innerfenders and fenders.  :2cents:
*** Bart ***

Offline sadil340

« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2010 - 09:17:31 PM »
Geoff the foglamp harness is on its way - it turned out to be harder to part with that I thought cause it was originally on my car but I knew you could use it. It wasn't doing anyone any good sitting on a shelf..
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
3:55 SureGrip
Owned since 1974
Bought from original owner

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2010 - 05:11:04 PM »
Geoff the foglamp harness is on its way - it turned out to be harder to part with that I thought cause it was originally on my car but I knew you could use it. It wasn't doing anyone any good sitting on a shelf..

sadil i do really appreciate it, it's the members like you on this site that seperate mopar from the others.

from what I can see in the picture, you`ve still got something to gain at the front of the hood... looks like it sits too high there.  I`m sure you can get the fenders to fit pretty good if you stag some shims between the innerfenders and fenders.  :2cents:

i've gotten the front sorted out, but still a bad diffrence in the middle, i'm gonna try to leave the front and rear of the fenders and try to shim up the middle but i dont know how well it'll work. dont want to throw off any of the body lines. i've added a picture of the pass. side.

I put in about 4 hours cleaning my motor for paint, it actually doesnt look to bad under all that grime :icon16:
Geoff

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2010 - 09:42:44 PM »
well heres a small update, i haven't gone after the fenders yet, i'm to sick of them right now. I did some interior stuff like put in the a-pillar covers, and have fixed all the cracks in my panels with plastex, and i'm happy with the results.
i've also finished my rubber bumper look-a-like. had a neighbour tig the bolts in now they're super strong and I got it in high build primer. unfortunatley i dropped a wrench on it and put a scratch in it already. :banghead:

Geoff

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2010 - 09:49:24 PM »
...unfortunatley i dropped a wrench on it and put a scratch in it already. :banghead:
It happens.   :drunk:  I unhooked an air hose and it shot out of my hand and hit my dutchman panel, chipping it to the metal.  :violin:
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2010 - 09:52:39 PM »

:wave: Hey, Geoff. Is that your next resto project parked there?  :thumbsup:  :smilielol:
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2010 - 11:21:45 PM »
haha it's going to be going in for work right away :roflsmiley:
Geoff

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2010 - 04:37:26 PM »
well i went after the fenders today and can say they fit  :woohoo: it took alot of shims to get it to work but it is finally flush.(thanks dutch)  it's no more than half a millimeter difference around the whole hood. I also trimmed the driver fender to make the gap since it was fine at the front but touched at the back. after all the hours i put into these maybe i should've just patched my old ones...oh well :dunno:

Geoff

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2010 - 04:45:56 PM »
Wow what a difference! Great job! :clapping: :2thumbs:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2010 - 05:14:43 PM »
looks good from here...  :2thumbs:  :cheers:
I replied in your post about the hood adjustment, but now that I see these pics I`d say it fits nice.... I think the problem at the backside of the hood is minimal and I wonder if it has something to do with the shape of the fenders instead of the hood.  Did you install  the adjustable hoodbumpers at the front?
Ofcourse you want to make things fit as nice as possible, but keep in mind you`re working on a 40 year old Plymouth and not a 2010 Benz...
*** Bart ***

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2010 - 05:28:04 PM »
yes the backside is definatley all the fenders, they dont match the door either. i do have the adjustable bumpers in i am going to try to adjust the front a bit, and see. i need to find a way to hide the shims though, i can see straight through to the inside of the fender
Geoff