Author Topic: Cdn. Cuda Resto  (Read 49672 times)

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
Re: Cdn. Cuda Resto
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2010 - 11:57:19 PM »
That is nice Goeff!.  But you have some big balls by putting the radiator in before the engine. Won't be long now....
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #151 on: October 04, 2010 - 06:29:26 PM »
small update: havent recieved my cooling lines or rad. hoses yet but they finally came through customs so hopefully i can fire her up this weekend. I have put in all the fluids, and buttoned most of it up except for the exhaust but thats on purpose :grinyes:. I made some brackets and mounted up an electric fan, just need to finish wiring it up. Also just about finished the interior plastic. just have the driver door panel and pass. visor to finish... cant wait for seat covers this winter to complete it.

wont be long now :burnout:

Geoff
70 Cuda 440-4, auto, 8 3/4 sure-grip

Offline varlo

« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2010 - 12:01:56 PM »
awesome work bro. keep the pictures coming!

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2010 - 08:46:47 PM »
IT RUNS!!! :woohoo:
Not without troubles and few leaks, but thats to be expected. screwed up my firing order, and had a crack in my mech. fuel pressure guage line, but did get it to fire up. Havent gotten the timing set yet but i've got a couple other problems. Have trans. leak, fuel leak and coolant leak :faint: so i've got to put in a new water pump and snug up my fuel fittings. unfortunatley the trans leak is bad, i think the torque converter seal is bummed cause its peeing really bad when its running, so unfortunately i need to pull the trans but to here it run feels great.

video soon...
Geoff

Offline jrwoodjoe

« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2010 - 08:50:54 PM »
Not to worry, you'll get those loose ends tied up and be cruising before you know it. You are making great progress on it. Just keep up the good work. I love seeing them come together.  :2thumbs:

65 Barracuda
70 Challenger

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2010 - 11:24:53 PM »
as promised... sorry for the awful quality

Geoff

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2010 - 08:18:43 AM »
 :woohoo:  Like someone on here once said....it's the closest we come to giving birth! :roflsmiley:
Congrats! It's a great feeling huh?
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2010 - 05:04:25 PM »
sounds like Christine.....  :ylsuper:
*** Bart ***

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2011 - 11:18:42 PM »
Any updates?
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2011 - 06:07:36 PM »
Any updates?

i wish i could say yes but unfortunately no. I've gone back to school so pretty much what small funds i have are going towards that. I havnt touched her since i had it running. too expensive to heat the garage and no time with school/hockey. I havn't even had time to stop by and say hi to all the good folks on CC. I'm hopeful to get the tranny out of the car by the end of the month though.
Geoff

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2011 - 10:30:19 PM »
thanks to top cat for inadvertently giving me a kick in the rear. I felt a little dejected after the car leaked nearly every fluid it could, but after getting back on the site and seeing all the other resto projects coming along I'm back at it. I've put in my new water pump, ordered my tranny parts and im preparing to pull the transmission this weekend.right now  I'm adding a chain hoist to the garage so i dont need to keep borrowing my neighbours. Ive also finished repairing the "gills" that run down the rockers, fixed 4 breaks in total, now just masking the 140 or so gills before painting.  :faint:
Geoff

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2011 - 08:00:02 PM »
I finished my hoist on the weekend, the thing's like butter.My front seal, filter extension, misc. seals and gaskets will all be here tomorrow, i also ended up getting a transgo shift kit so the converter drainback doesnt happen. last night i got the tranny out and pulled the pan. To my dismay there was Black flakes in the filter, i automatically thought it was clutch, even though the car only had a month on the fresh rebuild. luckily my dad brought it in to a friends tranny shop and they think its along the lines of paint some how getting in. :worshippy thank god.

so a cooler system flush is in line along with the shift kit this weekend. Im also need to weld in the well for my trans temp. guage i picked up. I've also finished the last interior panel along with one of the rocker mouldings
now back to work :working:

Geoff

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2011 - 07:23:01 AM »
Nice, keep up the good work  :thumbsup:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2011 - 10:21:48 PM »
Over the weekend i managed to install the new shift kit and front seal, along with getting the temp. guage well welded in. It's now just waiting for the paint to dry then its going back in. While i had the drive shaft and tranny out i figured i might aswell protect the floor and tunnel. luckily for me the car was blessed with a near mint floor, so once the dirt was removed it was etched and coated with rust bullet. hopefully she will be running again by the weekend.

Geoff

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2011 - 10:25:30 PM »
It is really solid! Looks great, good job! This car is gonna be sweet! :clapping: :2thumbs:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0