Author Topic: Best AutoShippers? Anyone ship cars on this forum?  (Read 1562 times)

Offline DMZ73

• http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/
Re: Best AutoShippers? Anyone ship cars on this forum?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009 - 05:29:19 PM »
I have used American auto shippers (I think that is what they were called)
as well as reliable trucking.
Both companies were competant and trustworthy. Both arrived for pickup when they said they would, and delivered when they said they would.
Whoops, I forgot..reliable came in a day early for pickup, and I nearly had a panick attack because the car wouldn't be ready for a day.

I had a friend that went through DAS- what a nightmare. Total scam artists. They played with his truck, broke it on a joyride, and let it sit in the shipyard for 30 days.
Talk to some friends that have done this before. I am sure you will get some good advice.
I would also call a collectible car insurer, and ask them for some names of reputable companies.

Let us know!
Dan
One E body saved, 7 years and counting.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009 - 06:34:58 PM »

I had a friend that went through DAS- what a nightmare. Total scam artists. They played with his truck, broke it on a joyride, and let it sit in the shipyard for 30 days.

Hummm almost sounds close to my experiance with DAS Auto Shippers. Except mine was 120 days and 4 grand damage! Maybe a trend with DAS :banghead:....
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

goldengladiator

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009 - 06:38:52 PM »
DO NOT EVER USE AAA ANYTIME AUTO SHIPPING. Here is a summary:

I signed a contract that the vehicle would be picked up on Tues., August 18. They canceled, never told me until I called them, and moved the date until Thursday OR Friday. I explained to them about a dozen times that Friday just doesn't work. No one would be home to pick it up.

That's when they got very rude. They couldn't believe no one in the state could drive and pick it up.

I called them today (Thursday) as they had called me. They had already hung up on my Mother. The summary of that conversation is that:

A) They cannot guarantee anything ever.
B) They told me that the drive would guarantee a pickup time worked out with me...
C) The driver told me this was wrong. You have to sit around all day until he shows up.
D) They told me that I couldn't ever speak to a supervisor. As in, no, there would never be a supervisor.

That is when I screamed some choice words. I will be taking legal action to get my money back if I have to.

This is the single worst company I have ever met. I can't believe they exist. They have been rude and uncooperative and cannot even schedule a pickup date. No one must write anything down, ever, because I told them several things several times that they didn't know.

Do not ever use AAA Anytime to ship a vehicle. If you can't ever talk to a supervisor, that isn't a real company.

Oh, they also told me that being on call for the government 24-hours for safety issues isn't important. And that I can just sit around and wait for the driver instead of removing dangerous animals likes rattlesnakes from soldiers training areas or houses.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009 - 07:51:23 PM »
Thta doesn't sound very good.  Spread the word . ..  :screwy:

goldengladiator

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009 - 10:43:27 PM »
Well, my car finally got delivered. But my fender got badly damaged in transport... The problems go on.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009 - 10:58:22 PM »
Well, my car finally got delivered. But my fender got badly damaged in transport... The problems go on.

:villagers: I feel your pain! Been there!( $4000 damage from DAS) Seems like a good business opportunity for someone with a bit of scruples!
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009 - 11:02:06 PM »
Don't know who it was but I think I'd give a pass on whoever it was that shipped Stroker's car to the shipyard.  :grinno:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!