Author Topic: So kid you want to build a 71 Cuda?  (Read 3617 times)

Offline vinb

• Resident
Re: So kid you want to build a 71 Cuda?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009 - 09:32:34 PM »
I don't know how you are for space & money , but something to look at......
http://www.bettersheds.com/duramax/12x20-metal-garage.htm

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009 - 10:03:05 PM »
I for one hope you find a way to hold on to it. I would love to see it done and you sitting in the drivers seat smiling. Don't let her go.  :burnout:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009 - 10:34:14 PM »
Here's my crazy idea: Sell everything except your wife's car, your daily driver and the '71. It doesn't seem like you have the time or room for anything else.  :bricks1:
HIS: '68 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up truck, '73 Barracuda, '87 Firebird, '01 Jeep Cherokee and finally a '70 Barracuda Convertible!
HERS: 1980 Toyota Starlet, 1995 SAAB 9-5 and then '01 SAAB 9-3 and currently '08 Saab 9-3 convertible!
NEXT IS MINE: purple 2010 Dodge Challenger!!!

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009 - 03:00:48 PM »
Here's my crazy idea: Sell everything except your wife's car, your daily driver and the '71. It doesn't seem like you have the time or room for anything else.  :bricks1:
I can't do that,the 69 Cuda fastback has been with me for 16 years and I love to rip it up,the Daytona Iroc R/T is an investment(1of 181 total build and 1 of 17 white ones) that I love to drive.The other white Daytona is nearly done and will be my everyday driver.So I will just have to figure out a way to store the 71 till I can get to it,keep the Ideas coming.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009 - 04:13:26 PM »
so you will take 18K for it huh ... I`ll Take it ... as I empty out my pockets ... wrong timing as usual , I missed a 71 orange 440+6 shaker Black leather interior , louvers , wing spoilers Dana track pack , 4 spd for 10K a few years back when I was broke  :pullinghair:
 now I am wondering if I have enough $$ to finish my Chall that is 1/2 way done  :dunno:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009 - 04:32:03 PM »
so you will take 18K for it huh ... I`ll Take it ... as I empty out my pockets ... wrong timing as usual , I missed a 71 orange 440+6 shaker Black leather interior , louvers , wing spoilers Dana track pack , 4 spd for 10K a few years back when I was broke  :pullinghair:
 now I am wondering if I have enough $$ to finish my Chall that is 1/2 way done  :dunno:
I hear ya
Thats why I really shouldn't sell it,my chances of getting another one are very slim to none.
I like the portable garage idea and might try putting it right in front of the garage door.If I can open both ends then I can store all of my toys under cover.
But any ideas are better than no ideas at all,so keep em coming

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009 - 02:03:54 AM »
your figure on what you have in your cuda doesn't help my dream of ever getting to fix the rust on my 71 at all!!!!!! how much metal have you replaced? real cuda? what engine and tranny?
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009 - 07:33:22 AM »
The figures are for the price of the car when bought(rolling shell) and parts that have been bought since to redo it,I have not included any time or labor to the figure.I do just about everything to my cars myself(bodywork,mechanical,etc)I have rebuilt the entire frt end so far -replaced Front frame rails,firewall/cowl,inner fenders.I have a complete disc brake k-frame,grille,frt valance,valance insert,signal housings,71 340 complete from intake to pan,8-3/4 4:10 suregrip rear,all of the interior trim,most of the outside trim,rubber bumpers etc etc.

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2009 - 12:38:33 PM »
that is worth holding on to ,,will be a nice ride,,if its going to be outside for the winter,i wouldcover it well and put some good paint on the frame rails,,you could build a box from some pilewood an 2x4's and crate it for the winter
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009 - 10:28:47 PM »
The figures are for the price of the car when bought(rolling shell) and parts that have been bought since to redo it,I have not included any time or labor to the figure.I do just about everything to my cars myself(bodywork,mechanical,etc)I have rebuilt the entire frt end so far -replaced Front frame rails,firewall/cowl,inner fenders.I have a complete disc brake k-frame,grille,frt valance,valance insert,signal housings,71 340 complete from intake to pan,8-3/4 4:10 suregrip rear,all of the interior trim,most of the outside trim,rubber bumpers etc etc.
me and pop do all our own work to our cars as well. mine needs quarter's, trunk pan and ext's, floorboards, firewall and cowl and a tailpanel but i am sure the list will go up once i get to cutting if i ever do. the thing will prolly fall apart around me before i have the money to do it. but it only cost $600.00 complete minus a motor in 99. i have put a 440 in it painted it white and rebuilt the frontend and put disc brakes on it and went to manual steering and replaced most of the interior.
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2009 - 01:15:17 PM »
Heres an idea of how much stuff is here for this car,still have a complete rearend(323 suregrip) and a date correct 340 from intake to oil pan.My back is hurting now so those parts can stay where they are.

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009 - 09:47:48 PM »
Reminds me of my basement.  :biggrin:
Except the parts in my basement are e and b body parts. I have enough parts down there to build my 70 Barracuda ratrod and my 71 Cuda. I also keep extra parts to make repairs on my 71 and 73 finished cars. I usually catch several swap meets a year but I've been so busy with customer resto work lately that I've been slacking. I have a weakness when it comes to used parts that I find at the swap meets.
1971 Cuda, Tor-red, Bench seat
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1973 Cuda Clone, EFI/OD Limelight
1970 Superbird (Yes, it's real) Black Ice
1971 Barracuda Sassy Grass Green (sold)
1970 Challenger RT SE 383 Plum Crazy
1969 Road Runner Hardtop
1968 Road Runner Coupe (sold)

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009 - 06:31:48 PM »
Reminds me of my basement.  :biggrin:
Except the parts in my basement are e and b body parts. I have enough parts down there to build my 70 Barracuda ratrod and my 71 Cuda. I also keep extra parts to make repairs on my 71 and 73 finished cars. I usually catch several swap meets a year but I've been so busy with customer resto work lately that I've been slacking. I have a weakness when it comes to used parts that I find at the swap meets.
Heres the sick part,those parts are just for the resto of that car.I still have challenger stuff,A-body stuff and tons of 92-93 Daytona stuff.I also have a big weakness for swap meets.My first trip to Carlisle a couple of years ago,I think I walked 500 miles going thru that swap meet.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2009 - 08:02:21 PM »
i understand what you are talking about.  I just try not to think what I have in mine right now.  I have been asked but do not want to think about it very much it might scare me. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Migmaster

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009 - 09:25:44 PM »
Where is the vehicle located? Do all the parts shown go with the car?