Author Topic: tac not working ???  (Read 803 times)

Offline ja20

tac not working ???
« on: July 06, 2009 - 01:27:40 PM »
 I was wondering if anyone ran into this before. :banghead: I have a new tac conversion from R-T eng. along with MSD ignition. Do I need to get the MSD ignition tac converter ??? Has anyone ran into this before. Thank you for all your help in advance. John  :2thumbs:

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
Re: tac not working ???
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009 - 03:12:52 PM »
I'm not running MSD but I have read that you need to plug into the MSD box if you are.  The tach manual you got with the conversion should have the steps for that.

Offline Bills70

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009 - 05:38:38 PM »
I  have the same problem and the shop installed the recommended tach drive that MSD says is necessary to make a MOPAR tach work!!    :dunno:there is another thread running here somewhere on this exact topic that has alot of good info in it sorry but I am on here right now for just a short time right now so I can't look for it when I get back on here I will look for it!! good luck if they get mine working I will post there solution here!!

Offline 73EStroker

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009 - 10:46:00 PM »
I have a similar problem with the R-T kit and a Mallory box. That RTE guy did say before that the square wave pulse from the electronic box is compatible with his kit. Now when I converted I used the $35 tach excerciser and the tach needle jumped around like a modern tach. Now in the car and revving to around 4000 estimated the tach seems "lazy" and slow. I have sent an email to RT-E and he has not yet responded. As soon as he responds I will repost an update.
Barry (Salmon Arm)

Offline ja20

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009 - 06:20:22 PM »
 Thanks for all your help guys. I went to Carlisle last week and talked to the people from RT-Eng. They replaced the broad on the tac, it works find now. The guys at RT-ENG are OK in my book, very helpful, they did the broad for me that day. Oh before I forget the tac does get plugged into the the side of the MSD box. Again thanks for all your help, John  :2thumbs: