Author Topic: Clutch Pedal switch????  (Read 968 times)

Offline jmartin99

Clutch Pedal switch????
« on: July 06, 2009 - 02:33:49 PM »
I am putting together a '72 Challenger for a friend.  He converted it from an auto to a 4 speed.  He has the correct pedals in the car and I took them out to gain access for the power booster as it was not equipped with power brakes originally. While I was detailing them, I noticed a switch mounted next to the clutch pedal with a single wire that appears to go thru the firewall (it has a grommet on it).  Although there is a swiveling piece connected to the clutch pedal in the vicinity of this switch, the switch is not connected to the switch in any way.  There is a very small hole in the end of the lever coming out of the bottom of the switch.  How is this switch supposed to attach to the clutch pedal?  :dunno:

I will add a picture tonight of the switch and clutch pedal.

Thanks! 

Jeff  :pullinghair:

Offline jmartin99

Re: Clutch Pedal switch????
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009 - 07:00:57 PM »

Here is a picture of the clutch pedal and switch.(Of course the pedals are upside down)  The red arrow points to the part attached to the clutch pedal that swivels 360 degrees.  The yellow arrow points to the end of the arm on the switch with the hole in it that I believe attaches somehow to the clutch pedal linkage.

Can anyone please take a pic of theirs and post it so I can see what is missing?

Thanks!

Jeff

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009 - 09:23:09 PM »
You got it, just slide the pin thru the hole.......
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009 - 09:25:31 PM by vinb »

Offline jmartin99

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009 - 10:13:01 AM »
Okay, that "Pin" is not on my switch.  I am going to have to make a pin of my own.  :stomp:

Thanks for the pic!  It helped me out a bunch! :cheers:

Jeff

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009 - 09:38:14 PM »
Maybe a 1/4" or 3/16" bolt 3/4" or so long, cut the hex off and put a nut on the other side to hold it on.. :thumbsup: