Taking a break from brakes (for a few hours)

Author Topic: Taking a break from brakes (for a few hours)  (Read 1161 times)

RedLine

Taking a break from brakes (for a few hours)
« on: July 21, 2004 - 02:35:14 PM »
Hi guys-  can anyone clarify some brake details for me?  Please use the diagrams below for reference.  We originally had all drum brakes.  Now we have intalled all disc brakes.  I have the original safety switch (which includes the bracket (F) but now since I dont have the old lines   :-[, I dont ever remember having the metering valve (G) I dont think we did ???  In the service manual, the first diagram shows the safety switch (B) and (C) lines going straight to the front brakes.  Is this the case for you guys with power assist all drum brakes??  Do you have a bracket (F) with a screw hole but no metering valve?  Are (G) and (H) used together only for rear drum/ front disc applications.  I want to omit (G) and just tie (B) and (C) to the front discs.  Has anyone else done it that way?  On mine (D) and (E) are 3/8 thread while (B) and (C) are 7/16 thread.  My lines from Right Stuff terminate in 3/8 flare nuts, so I just plan on using two 7/16 - 3/8 adapters.  Any close up pics would be very helpful! THANKS !!   :) :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004 - 02:38:03 PM by RedLine »

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Taking a break from brakes (for a few hours)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004 - 03:26:17 AM »
I have only seen G & H  used on disc / drum cars from the factory , as you are going to alll disc & would leave G&H off the car & try it with just the tee / safety switch assy , if the rears tend to lock up install the MP / Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve in the rear line & adjust as nessisary 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004 - 03:28:05 AM by Chryco Psycho »

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

RedLine

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004 - 08:27:46 AM »
Thanks CP.  So, on 70 RT SE all drum setup, you would expect just the safety switch-  it just looks a little odd to have that metering block bracket sitting there doing nothing.  I guess it was one assembly used for either application.    Anyone got a pic?

Offline 383magnum383

• It's all good!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004 - 09:08:25 PM »
According to my 70 shop manual, the metering valve is only used on disc/drum brakes. My 72 has drums all around and only has the switch manifold.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004 - 09:09:47 PM »
Thanks 383, Redline is in the garage right now, putting it together without the metering valve. 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!