Author Topic: My daughter has CANCER  (Read 5475 times)

Offline kmyles

Re: My daughter has CANCER
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2009 - 10:23:55 AM »
My thought's and prayers are with you and yours.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009 - 10:42:42 AM by kmyles »
_________
Kevin

Mopar Lover....Cuda's....Challengers Rule!!!!
- 1951 Dodge - 2 door hardtop (Sold!!)
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 2012 Dodge Challenger Yellowjacket

Hard to believe what 20 years will do!!!!

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2009 - 10:31:45 AM »
My prayers are with you and your daughter Al. I lost my grandfather to cancer back in 2002, and my grandmother is battling it right now, the scary part in my grandmother's case is the doctors can't seem to figure out what kind she has. She has been to UCSF and Stanford. May your daughter have a speedy and full recovery. If you need anything let us know.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2009 - 12:06:51 AM »
Alan, I am sending prayers, positive healing thoughts, and hugs to you and your family.  I will be thinking of you all.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2009 - 08:48:16 AM »
I beleive she was to have her surgery yesterday, hopefully Al will be able to update us on how things went.  Thinking of both of you Al, wish I lived closer buddy because I'd be with you to emotionally support you.  :wave:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2009 - 05:10:48 PM »
Sorry guys, I have been up 36 hrs straight and had to do hard labor for 12 hrs.   I am just getting back to my other motel. 

The doctor said he is pretty certain he got it all , but had to send the sample to the lab to get another oppinion. He said 4 weeks to be confirmed, but was confident that it will not come back at the same spot.   Guys, I really spoiled her, and was glued on her side.  She was broke and was forced to pay the co-pay before she went through to the back.  She started writing a hot check when we were there and I got wind of it. I told her I had it and she started crying.  Cut right through my heart.  I also told here that 50 or more people were praying for her and she is not going under the knife without the strongest proctection in the universe. ( GOD)I could tell she was scared , but seemed to start feeling better after we talked.  She was asleep for a very long time and my heart was racing.   I never left her side.  After she had recovered fully and was not dizzy, I took her out to anywhere any place she wanted to eat. I never let go over her.  Thank you for all your support. I feel I have aged 20 yrs more the last 36 hrs, but I can sleep now.  Work will be a little easier on me the next few days, tho the job is very hard my mind will be in it more.  I have felt like I was in with the spirit and wide open to God and really need to rest.

Thank you so much for your support.   I have been extremely streesed out here lately and it was hard to walk tall knowing I was given strength to shine bright.   I was not alone......  I am sorry if I have been on edge and smirky in my posts here lately, and hope to be my awnry self again very soon.

We still friends?    I didnt mention my mom was in the hospital very sick and my dad was having heart problems in another state all in the same week.  I was beeing torn apart.   Thanks for the support .

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2009 - 05:18:26 PM »
Alan..... God bless you and your family my friend. :worshippy

You are a friend of mine for life no matter what happens old mate, you know that.

Good to hear things are better with your Daughter and i hope they did get everything nasty from within.  You are a stand up guy and you know i will always be here if you need someone else to talk to my friend. :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Slotts

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2009 - 05:23:08 PM »
Alan,

It was and still will be an honor to support you and your family in prayer. Our family is just one brick in the huge wall of people that care for you and your family.

Please get some rest and keep us posted on each of their progress.

Jim

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2009 - 05:46:07 PM »
 :wave:  Alan you are my friend and always will be buddy.  You and your family are in my prayers.  Take care and get some rest.  I am glad your daughter is doing ok and I hope and pray that the doctor got it all. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2009 - 07:26:04 PM »
Hang in there Al, we are all pulling for you & yours.

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2009 - 07:44:55 PM »
Al - I am glad she is doing well and glad you are there with her, she will need your support for a while and I am sure you will do what ever she needs, she has a good father. My family and I have been praying for her recovery and we will continue, and don't forget, I am here if you need me.

Offline snowdog

• Thor-Our Belgian Tervuren-Member since 2006
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2009 - 07:47:53 PM »
Alan,

So sorry to hear that.  The good news is most cancers can be beat, my dad had two bouts with cancer and he beat them both times.  He's a tough old buzzard (bless his soul).

Snowdoggie
Scott (aka: snowdoggie) 1970 Challenger - 440 Modified - 4 Spd - White on Black - 1970 Cuda - 383 Magnum - 4 Spd - Drk. Green on Black - Howell, MI
See my "I'm gonna fix'm up someday" story at Cars in Barns.  **Dodge Main 76-78**
http://www.carsinbarns.com/Mopars%20In%20Barns/pg113mopar.htm

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2009 - 08:40:58 PM »
Al,
Sorry to hear about your daughter. My sister is 57 and she has breast cancer and has just started chemo two weeks ago. It will be a tough battle but she will be OK..

I'll definitely have some extra prayers for her and your family..

Vin..

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2009 - 09:53:32 PM »
Glad to hear that she went through the surgery in fine fashion. I hope she has a speedy recovery and gets back to normal soon. I was glad to offer support for you and anyone else here that needs it. Get some sleep friend.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline darkhawk

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2009 - 10:02:14 PM »
Al, I'm glad you were able to be there for your daughter.  Keep on with whatever you need to do.  I can't imagine anyone here taking offense at anything you say.  After only a few minutes on this site anyone in there right mind would be able to see that you are a class act and a truly caring human being.  You and your family will continue to be in my prayers.
Nigel
73 Cuda
65 Valiant Convertible
04 Dakota

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2009 - 07:51:44 AM »
 :2thumbs: Thanks for the update and positive news Al, hopefully she will also have someone near where she lives to help her when she gets home. No doubt the physical and emotionaly strain has wore her down. Take care buddy.   :wave:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger