Hotchkis Suspension Mopar Open House Report and Pictures

Author Topic: Hotchkis Suspension Mopar Open House Report and Pictures  (Read 4129 times)

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
Re: Hotchkis Suspension Mopar Open House Report and Pictures
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009 - 05:56:30 PM »
SWEET... Please tell us more I love all this tech talk :drool:

Its way over my head  :roflsmiley:

:bigsmile:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009 - 06:29:57 PM »
I'd sure like to get my hands on those strut rods.

I've actually been toying with the idea of creating a front strut mount made from a chevy upper ball joint and a tubular threaded rod. Their struts would save me the trouble.

Have you seen these from Total control? (it's a ford part but it wouldn't take much to cut and thread the tube on the control arm end to work on a mopar....) These are very nice parts (a buddy has them on his Falcon) Since they are owned by Chris Alston's Chassisworks, maybe they would be interested in producing some one-offs
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009 - 06:34:42 PM by ntstlgl1970 »
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009 - 06:34:27 PM »
So, in taking the anti-dive out of the front end they needed to alter the pivot mounting location on the upper A arm.  When they did this, did they also alter the length and put additional camber gain in the arm design?

Have you seen these from Total control? (it's a ford part but it wouldn't take much to cut and thread the tube on the control arm end to work on a mopar....) These are very nice parts (a buddy has them on his Falcon)

iIhaven't looked at those yet, but why not. I'm looking at putting a fox body mustang panhard bar under my Dodge.

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009 - 04:30:02 AM »
So, in taking the anti-dive out of the front end they needed to alter the pivot mounting location on the upper A arm.  When they did this, did they also alter the length and put additional camber gain in the arm design?

I don't know for sure on the any change in length. If so, not much since you still have to get to the right alignment. I could see a slight camber gain by lowering the front A-arm inner pick-up point. But not a ton. The effective lowering would be about half the distance the front pick-up point moved down since the rear didn't move at all.

They explained purpose of moving the front arm of the upper A-arm down is to reduce bump steer. Yes, that reduces the anti dive some, but they told me it is not eliminated. A car setup from some handling has far less nose dive than the worst case senerio B-body 383 wagon, which share the same geometry.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009 - 04:37:18 AM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

at Woodley Park Van Nuys, CA.
Special 30th Anniversary Event!
600+ Mopars, 300+ swappers,  50+ manf. midways.
Thrus: Mopar Track Day at Willow Springs Raceway
Fri: Caravan & Cruise
Sat: Mopar Cruise-In