Author Topic: Dixco Hood Tach--- Anyone doing Repros?  (Read 4134 times)

Offline 1972challenger

Dixco Hood Tach--- Anyone doing Repros?
« on: July 24, 2009 - 07:29:12 PM »
Anyone out there have pics of a Dixco hood tach on their e body? The original units look pretty large, and I'm interested in seeing how they appear before I purchase one....any repros out there that won't cost a fortune?

Offline hebeegbz

Re: Dixco Hood Tach--- Anyone doing Repros?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009 - 11:34:42 AM »
you can check the pontiac boards for a supplier , dixco made them with different manufacture logos on the face the rest is the same .i just installed one last year on a gto .also only one manufacture to chose from just different sales outlets .i would try to buy from a pontiac seller they will have more volume and sell cheaper .a note of possible interest i buy my wings and road lamps from ford outlets also . when i buy sheet metal i buy only from larger venders gm ford and the like much deeper pricing well you get the idea good luck . :)
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline fantum

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009 - 12:30:10 PM »
I just read in MCG that AutoInstruments is restoring them.  Maybe they will have a line on where to get them, or maybe you can get a Pontiac version and have them rework it with a Mopar face.

AutoInstruments is also putting new internals in them that work with electronic ignition.

MIKE
Mike

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009 - 04:09:51 PM »
I just read in MCG that AutoInstruments is restoring them.  Maybe they will have a line on where to get them, or maybe you can get a Pontiac version and have them rework it with a Mopar face.

AutoInstruments is also putting new internals in them that work with electronic ignition.

MIKE

why not just buy a new one with the mopar logo and be done with it .

Offline 1972challenger

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009 - 11:18:25 PM »
Here's two pics--one of the old Dixco tach--and one of a new unit currently manufactured--a "no logo tach" from MFS Performance. They sell Pontiac and Buick hood tachs. Do you folks think this newer tach would look appropriate on a Challenger?

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009 - 12:27:04 AM »
The one in the top picture is much closer to what i put on the 70 judge i did last year , the company you posted isnt who we bought ours from ,as for which one to use i wouldnt put a bump on my car but to each their own . p.s. look up rpm tachs they can up grade original tachs .good luck