Author Topic: Anyone interested in Fantasy Football  (Read 9062 times)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Anyone interested in Fantasy Football
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009 - 07:15:36 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'll bow out now. I had no idea it was this confusing.

I had no clue about all the different points and moves. This is beyond my basic math.   :lol:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009 - 07:17:36 PM »
doesnt the system keep track of the points for you?

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009 - 07:21:26 PM »
come on Mikey, if I have never done it before you can to unless your afraid to play the pink panther, besides might be just foe fun.

You guys tell me what to do when it is tome to draft and I will still give it a try
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009 - 07:28:30 PM »
come on Mikey, if I have never done it before you can to unless your afraid to play the pink panther, besides might be just foe fun.

You guys tell me what to do when it is tome to draft and I will still give it a try

Scott,

The auto draft is actually a cool factor. You could have some stud like Tom Brady that is lost for the season after 1 quarter of the first game of the season, like last year.   :grinyes: I just don't get all the moves and stuff you have to make each week.    :clueless:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009 - 07:35:30 PM »
me neither.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline garrett007

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009 - 10:58:00 PM »
I'm in if you need someone.  Just send me the info.
'68 Charger
'70 Challenger RT/SE (non-running)
'70 Challenger Deputy (non-running)
'1979 Macho W150
'96 Avenger - Gone
'05 Town & Country
'06 Charger R/T

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2009 - 02:37:25 AM »
Mikey, it's really easy.  All the math is done for you by Yahoo - all you have to do is decide who you want to have play each week.  It takes about two minutes once a week, unless you want to make it take longer.  Most of the time, you just leave the best players to start for your team.  When the team one of your starters is playing for (in real life) has a bye week, you move one of your bench players onto the starting team.  If one of your guys goes down because of injury, you either drop him (if it's a major injury, lost for the season) and pick up someone off the waiver wire or let him sit on the bench while he heals.  If someone underperforms consistently, you can drop him and pick up someone off the waiver wire or offer a trade to one of the other teams. 

All moves for the team have to be made before the games start - in fact, it may actually be the day before, I forget.  But once the deadline is reached, the roster is set and you just wait and watch the scoring pages and cheer when your guys have a good day and groan when they don't.  But in any case, it looks WAAAYY more complicated when you're reading the rules than it really is.  I'm not what you would consider a fantasy geek - I normally play one team during baseball, one team during football, fantasy auto racing during NASCAR season and I do pro football Pick'em.  The real geeks will play a bunch of teams in all the sports.  But it helps keep the season interesting. 

The worst that happens is that you don't like it, you quit playing and the rest of us compete for the league title.  That happens in every public league I've ever played in.  What do you have to lose?  :poopoke:  :cheers:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2009 - 07:39:10 AM »
I'm sorry, but I'll bow out now. I had no idea it was this confusing.

I had no clue about all the different points and moves. This is beyond my basic math.   :lol:

No, it is easy, all you need to do is put the players in the lineup for that week, Yahoo Sports does all the point tracking at all, the point system is all automated by Yahoo. And if you have any problem at all, I will help, and or adjust your team, try it out, its free, and if you watch football, it makes all the games more interesting. let me know
1973 Dodge Challenger, Warren Michigan.

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2009 - 07:44:17 AM »
I'm in if you need someone.  Just send me the info.

email me your info, name, user ID, email addy, own a cuda or challenger to amazentoys@gmail.com I have 8 teams, we need one more, unless MEK drops out? email me

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2009 - 10:30:57 PM »
We have 9, or 8 if MEK drops out? but if MEK stays, need one more so we have even teams. I fell behind, have some Van problems right now, need of some repair. I will send out the invites in a day or two, we still have time.

Thanks, Bob

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2009 - 06:27:25 AM »
We have 9, or 8 if MEK drops out? but if MEK stays, need one more so we have even teams. I fell behind, have some Van problems right now, need of some repair. I will send out the invites in a day or two, we still have time.

Thanks, Bob

Bob,

If we decide to just play for the fun of it, I'll give it a try. If someone else wants to respond and take my place, that is fine too.

My only question at this point is about the waver wire. Say I need to dump half my under performing team(my luck). Is this waver wire kept by Yahoo, or do we need to somehow keep track ourselves?

Coach Clueless     :wave:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2009 - 07:19:21 AM »
Bob,

If we decide to just play for the fun of it, I'll give it a try. If someone else wants to respond and take my place, that is fine too.

My only question at this point is about the waver wire. Say I need to dump half my under performing team(my luck). Is this waver wire kept by Yahoo, or do we need to somehow keep track ourselves?

Coach Clueless     :wave:

It's a fun league, no $$ involved

You can drop players, and pick new players that are available, it's all done by Yahoo sports. You will be able to see who is still available. You can drop, and pick players up to game time, then it is locked in for that week, heck, you can change your whole team week to week, I would not recommend.

You'll do fine, with 8 - 10 teams, you'll have great players, I'll help in any way I can

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2009 - 02:56:35 PM »
I'll be sending out the invites, please forwad to me your email addy to amazentoys@gmail.com

Offline kmyles

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2009 - 04:12:16 PM »
haven't got a clue what I'm doing but count me in! I think it will be fun
_________
Kevin

Mopar Lover....Cuda's....Challengers Rule!!!!
- 1951 Dodge - 2 door hardtop (Sold!!)
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 2012 Dodge Challenger Yellowjacket

Hard to believe what 20 years will do!!!!

Offline kmyles

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2009 - 05:03:19 PM »
ok so I'm registered. Now what??
_________
Kevin

Mopar Lover....Cuda's....Challengers Rule!!!!
- 1951 Dodge - 2 door hardtop (Sold!!)
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 2012 Dodge Challenger Yellowjacket

Hard to believe what 20 years will do!!!!