Author Topic: Anyone interested in Fantasy Football  (Read 9078 times)

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
Re: Anyone interested in Fantasy Football
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2009 - 10:10:20 AM »
I'm not sure about the TD pass scoring.  Should it be 4 or 6?

Also, when is the auto draft?

This also came up in my other League, it has been changed to 6 points

As soon as we get the 10th Team signed up, and I publish the League with Yahoo Sports, our Draft will happen within 72 hours. I was originally thinking on waiting to closer to the end of the month, but now thinking to publish as soon as the 10th Team joins.
1973 Dodge Challenger, Warren Michigan.

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2009 - 10:14:00 AM »

As soon as we get the 10th Team signed up, and I publish the League with Yahoo Sports, our Draft will happen within 72 hours. I was originally thinking on waiting to closer to the end of the month, but now thinking to publish as soon as the 10th Team joins.

Before I do publish the League, I will give everyone fore-warning just in case you want to rank your players

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2009 - 10:16:07 AM »
please wait until after this weekend, I won't be back until the end of next week from the Nats and won't have access to Yahoo sports until then
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2009 - 10:35:15 AM »
please wait until after this weekend, I won't be back until the end of next week from the Nats and won't have access to Yahoo sports until then

Okay, no problem, anyone else?

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2009 - 11:29:15 AM »
I'd like to see us wait until after the third exhibition games, to clear out most of the camp injuries and cuts.  The last game of the third week of preseason is August 31st and the first game of the regular season is on September 10th.  Why not publish on September 1st?  There's no hurry - so long as the draft is completed a week or so before the season starts to give people time to do their roster moves prior to the beginning of the regular season.   :2cents:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2009 - 11:34:39 AM »
I might as well continue with stupid questions.   :eek7:

Roster Positions:
 QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

For the roster positions, what is "BN"?  I assume "IR" means we can have up to two guys on injured reserve in hopes they return later in the season?

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2009 - 12:40:05 PM »
I might as well continue with stupid questions.   :eek7:

For the roster positions, what is "BN"?  I assume "IR" means we can have up to two guys on injured reserve in hopes they return later in the season?

Mike

BN is your Players on the Bench, not playing, not accumulating points, these are players you can add into your line-up, for instant if your QB is on a bye week.

IR, yes, Injured Reserve - This will need to be defined in great detail, Player must be injured, and stated as in the League. You CANNOT place a Player on IR to open a spot on your roster to pick up a player on the free agent market, or waivers. IR will be watched careful.

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2009 - 01:42:21 PM »

I should have asked my question as: why has the scoring been changed from 4 to 6 points?

Also, I would also ask that our auto draft run at the latest Sunday possible, such as on 8/30.
HIS: '68 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up truck, '73 Barracuda, '87 Firebird, '01 Jeep Cherokee and finally a '70 Barracuda Convertible!
HERS: 1980 Toyota Starlet, 1995 SAAB 9-5 and then '01 SAAB 9-3 and currently '08 Saab 9-3 convertible!
NEXT IS MINE: purple 2010 Dodge Challenger!!!

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2009 - 01:53:50 PM »
I should have asked my question as: why has the scoring been changed from 4 to 6 points?

Also, I would also ask that our auto draft run at the latest Sunday possible, such as on 8/30.

In real life a passing touchdown is worth 6 points.

I have no control of the auto draft date and time slot, once published, the system will pick a time slot for us within 72 hours, and do the auto draft. I can wait as long as I can to publish the league, but from the other emails I receive, I think Teams will be ready earlier.

Anything else ? ? ? need to be answered to this Free, Fun, League.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2009 - 06:59:01 PM »
OK,

I will hope this is the last of my questions. I PROMISE to buy a book and learn this stuff from here on out.   :worshippy

As for our rosters, do we all have the same amount of players at a given position? Say I want one more running back at the expense of a wide receiver, is that allowed? I know it's a stupid question, but I want to know if we all have the same amount of players at each position.

Thanks for your patience through my questions.     :wave:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2009 - 07:17:21 PM »
You can have whatever mix of players on your bench you like, but you will only earn points for the players on your starting roster.  That will always be the actual positions listed.  Once the bye weeks start, it's important to keep up with who's playing and who isn't each week and adjust your roster accordingly.  Same thing with players who may be injured. 

It will make a lot more sense once you actually see your roster.  Right now, it's all very abstract.  This is a screenshot of my fantasy baseball roster, which uses a similar format.  The scoring is a lot different in baseball, but you get the idea.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2009 - 08:09:10 PM »
It will make a lot more sense once you actually see your roster.  Right now, it's all very abstract.  This is a screenshot of my fantasy baseball roster, which uses a similar format.  The scoring is a lot different in baseball, but you get the idea.
Your baseball team SUCKS!!!  :roflsmiley:  just kidding.  But what is Longoria doing on your bench?!
HIS: '68 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up truck, '73 Barracuda, '87 Firebird, '01 Jeep Cherokee and finally a '70 Barracuda Convertible!
HERS: 1980 Toyota Starlet, 1995 SAAB 9-5 and then '01 SAAB 9-3 and currently '08 Saab 9-3 convertible!
NEXT IS MINE: purple 2010 Dodge Challenger!!!

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2009 - 08:48:25 PM »
OK,

I will hope this is the last of my questions. I PROMISE to buy a book and learn this stuff from here on out.   :worshippy

As for our rosters, do we all have the same amount of players at a given position? Say I want one more running back at the expense of a wide receiver, is that allowed? I know it's a stupid question, but I want to know if we all have the same amount of players at each position.

Thanks for your patience through my questions.     :wave:

Don't worry about the Questions, and Please keep them coming, it's the best way to learn, yes the book will help you, and confuse you at the same time.

Every Team must play these players positions every week, 1xQB, 2xRB, 2xWR, 1xTE, 1xK, 1xDEF, and your 1x RB/WR/TE or Flex Player gives you the option to use 1 of these 3 positions, RB,WR, TE. so your line up may have 3xRB, or 3xWR, or 3xTE, Let me know if you understand the Flex Player.

Now on your bench (BN), you will have 6 positions, these 6 positions can all be RBs if you want, you can't play them all, you wont get no points for them, and when your bye weeks come in for your QB, WR, TE, K, or DEF, you'll screw yourself. So it be best to plan accordingly, and keep in mind what players you have, and when their bye week is, would be a drag if your whole Team went on a bye week together. The magazine will help you to know when the player has a bye week. Now don't be alarmed, you can always make a trade, drop, and pickup a player.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2009 - 08:54:04 PM »
Thank You!!    :worshippy

I think I see the light now.   

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2009 - 08:58:38 PM »
Thank You!!    :worshippy

I think I see the light now.

:newbie: you are Very Welcome