Author Topic: Anyone interested in Fantasy Football  (Read 9082 times)

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
Re: Anyone interested in Fantasy Football
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2009 - 01:24:22 AM »
Your baseball team SUCKS!!!  :roflsmiley:  just kidding.  But what is Longoria doing on your bench?!

Don't sweat it - it's mid-pack.  Not the worst team I've ever had, but far from the best.  I'm still an outside chance at a championship in my league.

And Longoria is sitting on the bench because...Oh! the Rays aren't playing today!!    :grinno: :poopoke:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline BB73Challenger

• 2 cars - twice the wrenching... yay?
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2009 - 10:17:35 AM »
I saw a post that you needed 1 more team?

I'll do it if you still need 1 - I have some experience, we do a fun league on Yahoo between some of my friends.

Let me know what you need.
Jeff from Cleveland, Ohio

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2009 - 10:43:21 AM »
I saw a post that you needed 1 more team?

I'll do it if you still need 1 - I have some experience, we do a fun league on Yahoo between some of my friends.

Let me know what you need.

Sent you the invite
1973 Dodge Challenger, Warren Michigan.

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2009 - 01:35:16 PM »
Don't sweat it - it's mid-pack.  Not the worst team I've ever had, but far from the best.  I'm still an outside chance at a championship in my league.

And Longoria is sitting on the bench because...Oh! the Rays aren't playing today!!    :grinno: :poopoke:

Oh geez, you are in deep!  Daily league!  Wow.  I was in a daily league once but if I was invited to a free one today I would have to decline.  Just not enough time or endurance for it.

But I was just kidding anyhow.  Since we are starting a new league we should lighten our environment now for a bit of innocent trash talking; right?  :drunk:  :dogpile:  :drunk: everybody!  :woo:
HIS: '68 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up truck, '73 Barracuda, '87 Firebird, '01 Jeep Cherokee and finally a '70 Barracuda Convertible!
HERS: 1980 Toyota Starlet, 1995 SAAB 9-5 and then '01 SAAB 9-3 and currently '08 Saab 9-3 convertible!
NEXT IS MINE: purple 2010 Dodge Challenger!!!

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2009 - 03:03:46 PM »
Oh geez, you are in deep!  Daily league!  Wow.  I was in a daily league once but if I was invited to a free one today I would have to decline.  Just not enough time or endurance for it.

But I was just kidding anyhow.  Since we are starting a new league we should lighten our environment now for a bit of innocent trash talking; right?  :drunk:  :dogpile:  :drunk: everybody!  :woo:

I knew you were kidding - hence the  :poopoke: I'm all for a little light hearted trash talking.   :cheers:  After all, we do it to MEK all the time and he's in!   :stirpot: 

I'm not in too deep.  I couldn't do baseball if Yahoo didn't allow me to change my roster several days in advance.  I typically will at my team daily just to see how they're doing (one of the advantages of having practically unfettereted Internet access at work), but will move the roster around for about three days at a time.  I'm not one of those guys that reads the fantasy mags or columns or checks how a certain guy matches up to that day's pitcher.  Competitive, yes, but not obsessive.

I think all Yahoo baseball leagues are daily - both rotisserie and head-to-head.  I played head-to-head once and hated it - it sucks for baseball.  It works fine for football though.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2009 - 04:15:05 PM »
I knew you were kidding - hence the  :poopoke: I'm all for a little light hearted trash talking.   :cheers:  After all, we do it to MEK all the time and he's in!   :stirpot:

I am getting off topic here, but:

By the way, what does  :poopoke: mean?  I don't use it because I assumed it meant that a car was a piece of shid ( :grinyes:) or a person was a piece of shid ( :walkaway:).
????????????????????????
HIS: '68 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up truck, '73 Barracuda, '87 Firebird, '01 Jeep Cherokee and finally a '70 Barracuda Convertible!
HERS: 1980 Toyota Starlet, 1995 SAAB 9-5 and then '01 SAAB 9-3 and currently '08 Saab 9-3 convertible!

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2009 - 06:47:44 PM »
I've always thought of it as "giving you someone a little $h!t."  As in, just kidding - kind of an elbow to the ribs, trash-talking sort of thing.  If you look, none of the smilies are really so negative as to be so direct to say that something is really a piece of cr@p.  I look at both  :stirpot: and  :poopoke: as teasing smilies.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2009 - 07:29:26 PM »
I've always thought of it as "giving you someone a little $h!t."  As in, just kidding - kind of an elbow to the ribs, trash-talking sort of thing.  If you look, none of the smilies are really so negative as to be so direct to say that something is really a piece of cr@p.  I look at both  :stirpot: and  :poopoke: as teasing smilies.
Oh ok.  I could never make out the word in:  :poopoke:.  Looks like "piek" to me.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2009 - 02:17:58 PM »
Oh ok.  I could never make out the word in:  :poopoke:.  Looks like "piek" to me.

That little icon means pooh-poke. In other words, stirring it up...but with a bit of a jab thrown in.

I get that icon a lot.   :lol:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2009 - 10:00:32 AM »
The members who responded that they like to join also, Please check your email, including your spam, I sent out your invites to join, waiting your response, I like to lock in the League.

Thanks Bob

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2009 - 01:55:33 PM »
We have our 10th Team, we are now ready to play some football. I will lock the League, and publish it in about 1 1/2 weeks so Team Owners can keep an eye on injuries during pre-season. Take this time to study, and ask your questions.

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2009 - 01:57:03 PM »
We have our 10th Team, we are now ready to play some football. I will lock the League, and publish it in about 1 1/2 weeks so Team Owners can keep an eye on injuries during pre-season. Take this time to study, and ask your questions.
When will the draft be?

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2009 - 02:05:51 PM »
When I publish the League, Yahoo Sports will assign the Draft in about 72 hours. I have been asked here on the boards to wait as close to the end of the month. If I was to suggest a date I'd say August 26th, as soon as the Team Owners are ready we can go, what is holding me back is what injuries we have seen so far in pre-season, and traing camps.

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2009 - 02:21:48 PM »
The email that I just received asked that I let you know when I would be ready to draft my team.  If I had to choose, my date would be September 8th.

Offline AmazenToys

• AmazenToys
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2009 - 02:31:14 PM »
The email that I just received asked that I let you know when I would be ready to draft my team.  If I had to choose, my date would be September 8th.

1st game is Thursday Sept 10th, I'd want more time to play the free agency in case I dont like something about my draft pics, it have to be earlier in my eyes.