Author Topic: Hemi cuda projects??? where are they????  (Read 824 times)

Offline EV2 AAR

Hemi cuda projects??? where are they????
« on: July 30, 2009 - 04:21:40 PM »
With all the project cars I've seen for sale thru my involvement with mopars,(as I like to buy project cars and do them myself),it just dawned on me I have never seen yet a Hemi cuda project car for sale??????
 Did I just miss them all,or are they hardly out there,or scooped up to fast by word of mouth,etc?????

Offline EV2 AAR

Re: Hemi cuda projects??? where are they????
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009 - 04:23:01 PM »
And if there was some out there,what do you think a project one would be going for in this market????

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009 - 04:28:04 PM »
A few month's ago a project 70 hemi cuda popped up here in the bay area, no engine or trans, no fender tag or broadcast sheet and the owner was looking for offers. He claimed he had offers over 30k. I thought he was full of it, because that car done would only be worth about 100k and it would cost a fortune to restore that one correctly. Most of them get picked up by word of mouth though. I know a friend of mine collects hemi cudas (I think he is up to around 12 or so now) and people contact him when cars come up.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009 - 07:49:37 PM »
I know of a few.... 3 atleast.  I have the engine and tranny to one in my garage right now!

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009 - 09:44:12 PM »
I helped a friend on his 70 hemi project a few months back ,the car was bought for a 100 grand and added 25 grand to finish it up . they are around a couple are in the st .louis area .happy hunting .
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline EV2 AAR

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009 - 01:42:30 PM »
I'm talking about a full blown project,not started,needing complete resto.What would something like that be worth?40,50,60?

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009 - 08:24:18 PM »
Depends on the condition and what is missing. The one I was refering to was a full blown project, heck it was an ex race car, so it needed everything and he wanted like $35k for it, no engine, trans, dana rear end, fender tag or broadcast sheet. The guy was crazy  :screwy:
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline EV2 AAR

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009 - 09:52:30 PM »
There is one that I know of,runs and drives,typical e body rust,71 motor,all parts are there,shaker hood,bubble,etc.But needs a total resto,take it down to the shell,full drivetrain rebuild/suspension,interior,body+paint.
 With the market being down where hemi cudas are running around 125K +/-,as I do my own restos,would be nice to pick one up.Just trying to get a rough figure what something like that would be worth in its present condition,fair for buyer and seller.