Email address for Jim's Auto Parts

Author Topic: Email address for Jim's Auto Parts  (Read 6511 times)

Offline South of Sydney

• If it aint MOPAR it's below par
Email address for Jim's Auto Parts
« on: July 29, 2004 - 10:36:14 PM »
Guys & girls

Can anyone help me with an email address for Jim's Auto Parts. I've got the catalog & I know the web address but I want to send them some questions re new & used parts. Just can't seem to get together via phone due to time differences & my general forgetfulness.

Thanks in anticipation

SoS
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004 - 10:37:55 PM by South of Sydney »
I'm not automotively predjudiced I just prefer the best.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Email address for Jim's Auto Parts
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004 - 12:41:28 AM »

Can't help you with the email address but I can offer some past experience and from what I've heard from other people. DON'T BUY FROM JIMS AUTO PARTS.  >:( THey added so much on shipping it's not funny, we found out after our second shipment that they were adding big bucks to the so called "shipping and handling fee". They are quite a horrible outfit full stop bad professional service not to mention his grumpy arse wife!
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline South of Sydney

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004 - 02:56:24 AM »
Gee that's encouraging, what do others think?

Cheers SoS

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004 - 08:54:35 AM »
DO NOT DEAL WITH JIM`S!!!I have personal experience with him and to put it nicely he`s an A$$!  :D They up their prices and shipping charges from what is quoted also.Deal with Jack`s or Year One,they will treat you right.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline rnsykes

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004 - 09:47:00 AM »
Never had any experiences with Jims, but I would take everyones word for it.  But here is the e-mail address just in case you want to send him some complaints..... ;)      sales@jimsautoparts.com

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004 - 05:52:22 PM »
But here is the e-mail address just in case you want to send him some complaints..... ;)      sales@jimsautoparts.com

LMAO!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D I wouldn't bother, they won't reply! Oh, unless you insert these symbols: "$$$$"  :P

Offline South of Sydney

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004 - 08:22:55 PM »
DO NOT DEAL WITH JIM`S!!!I have personal experience with him and to put it nicely he`s an A$$!  :D They up their prices and shipping charges from what is quoted also.Deal with Jack`s or Year One,they will treat you right.

Thanks, I know Year One but am not familiar with Jack's can you give me a web or email address.

Cheers SoS

Offline South of Sydney

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004 - 08:25:29 PM »
Never had any experiences with Jims, but I would take everyones word for it.  But here is the e-mail address just in case you want to send him some complaints..... ;)      sales@jimsautoparts.com

Thanks for the address although I'm wondering if I should bother after the negative comments.

Cheers SoS

Offline Tim440RT

• Get an R/T
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2004 - 08:28:49 PM »
www.jacksautoparts.com ... thats the jacks website.... real good guys there, I live about half an hour away, and have done a little bit of business with them... they're real helpful  ;) :)
1970 Challenger R/T 440

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2004 - 09:45:29 PM »

What type of parts are you looking for SOS?  ??? Plezzzzz don't buy from Jimsautoparts they don't deserve peoples money. There are people that sell MoPar parts ($$$) and there are people who sell MoPar parts.  ;)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2004 - 03:15:08 PM »
Again, I'll state I've NEVER had a problem with Jim's. In fact I think their catalog is impressive. I've bought over 2 grand of parts from them, easy. Maybe I just got lucky ??? They were the first real Mopar dealer I found a few years back. Maybe it has gotten worse since then ??? I've had problems with Jack's and Layson's having stuff on "back-order" for a long time. I know I didn't help, did I???

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2004 - 06:17:15 PM »
I know there are people like MEK who have had nothing but good dealing with them but I have personal experience with him being a total jerk and have heard a lot more negative than positive about the way they do business.My buddy and I went by his store on a Saturday morning and I was trying to help him out by calling the police to check out why the store was wide open and nobody was there.I watched a couple guys take stuff off the shelfs and walk out while I waited for the cops to show up b/c I was concerned something was wrong and when Jim showed up he was very rude and pretty much accused me of stealing until the cops stepped in and reminded him I was the one who called and waited to make sure everything was OK.I never heard why but a worker left the place wide open Friday night.I had dealt with him before but that was obviuosly the last time!Thier catalog is great but thier customer service $UCK$!
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2004 - 12:48:05 AM »
Thier catalog is great but thier customer service $UCK$!

Yipe, thats right!!  >:( Atleast someone had some luck with them. Even if there service was goo, like all there orders were delivered on time etc I still wouldn't give them my money because off there bad customer approach, all they see is $$$$$.  :P

Offline South of Sydney

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2004 - 03:18:10 AM »
This all gets a bit scary when you are on the other side of the world sending big wads of cash to someone you don't know & wondering if you'll get what you paid for. Unfortunately being so far away I can't hop in the car & go down & sort problems out with suppliers that are in the U.S.
I appreciate hearing from you guys who are on the spot & have had dealings with these suppliers as it gives me some help deciding to whom I will donate my hard earned dollars.
In answer to someone's question I need some exterior trim strips (trunk hood & rear window) a  lhs exterior door handle, rhs exterior mirror an internal door lock knob, side indicator lenses, front fender Challenger badges & a couple of other things I can't remember at the moment all for a 1970 Challenger.
If you have all this stuff let me know otherwise I'm open to suggestion.

Thanks to all who have replied so far

Cheers SoS

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2004 - 03:41:39 AM »

Have you tried www.yearone.com ? I'm with you too, I like to get some info before I buy as going into the store to sought out the problem is a bit hard from down under.  :-[ I have ordered roughly 15+ orders from Yearone and they treat you right, always "Hello Sir" or "Yes sir right away!  ;) The only problem I've heard about Yearone is there prices on some items are a little expensive compared to the rest, not over the top expensive, usually $3-$10 more than other places and only on some items. But after a few shipments you get 10-15% off so it works itself out. I'm prepared to spend that little bit extra for good service, SUPER fast shipping (usually 4-5 days) and peace of mind knowing me, my money and my parts are in good hands. Sheesh does that sound like I'm a rep or what!?!?! LOL!!  ;D If you are looking for hard to find pieces I shop www.tonysparts.com good collection of hard to get pieces but be careful as sometimes the photos they show aren't what you recieve. They have been very good to me though. I have bougth: Lower Dash pieces, Factory body side moldings, Console and Slap-stik shifter and Dog dish hubcaps all from Tonysparts, they are also VERY quick shippers. Thats pretty much where I get my goods for my Challenger.
Hard to get pieces like Bucket seats or odds and ends I buy from eBay.

Good luck in your shopping hope I helped a little.  :)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2004 - 03:44:08 AM by NZ 440RT »