Author Topic: Powerblock tv - Muscle Car  (Read 6850 times)

Offline KZ

Powerblock tv - Muscle Car
« on: August 10, 2009 - 11:39:05 AM »
They finally finished up Project Overkill - one sweet Challenger

http://www.powerblocktv.com/site3/index.php/musclecar-episodes

Hope you  get to see it on Spike TV or Speed Channel

Offline certifiablecuda

• Rust Loves Me
    • Certifiable Jeep
Re: Powerblock tv - Muscle Car
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009 - 01:17:37 PM »
The funny part of that whole thing was that they kept saying "We did this", and "We did that", when the majority of the stuff was done by Lou and the other kid in the beginning... too bad they didn't bring them back for the test drive.

cb
1971 `Cuda 383 Auto
2005 Dodge Ram CTD 2500
1976 Jeep CJ-5 - RED
1976 Jeep CJ-5 - ORANGE
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - SILVER
1982 Jeep CJ-8 a.k.a Daughter Scramber Project

Offline EDGEFIND

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009 - 01:23:21 PM »
It's on the DVR. I plan on watching it later.
-Jay, J.J., James, Jimmy Joe...I answer to all of them.

Offline KZ

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009 - 02:30:33 PM »
Not to put words in their mouths but when they said "we did this" I think they were referring to the collective, Lou no doubt had lots of help off camera as well, we, in this case, meant the Muscle Car crew...that's how I interpreted it

Offline bri7070

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010 - 12:52:03 PM »
Does anybody recall the maker of the k member? 

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010 - 01:34:00 PM »
yeah I saw that episode sometime before, and ....what a laugh, that guy must have spent an entire day, with expensive tools and know how, and still ended up with crappy looking butchered headers!! :roflsmiley:
Typical
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010 - 01:40:23 PM »
yeah I saw that episode sometime before, and ....what a laugh, that guy must have spent an entire day, with expensive tools and know how, and still ended up with crappy looking butchered headers!! :roflsmiley:
Typical
Why do they do that?  They destroyed the headers on both the Cuda and the Challenger with little or no explanation given.  The ones on the UFC Cuda got cut up because "you can't find off-the-shelf headers for this combination"...a Cuda with a 440   :clueless:
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010 - 03:43:09 PM »
Why do they do that?  They destroyed the headers on both the Cuda and the Challenger with little or no explanation given.  The ones on the UFC Cuda got cut up because "you can't find off-the-shelf headers for this combination"...a Cuda with a 440   :clueless:

You can translate that to mean "You can't find off-the-shelf headers for this combination from one of our sponsors."  If tti sponsored them, the problems would go away.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010 - 04:01:16 PM »
well they got the shortys from Hedman ("our friends at Hedman just happened to drop by and lend us a set of their headers") and if they were/are a sponsor I would have been embarrased big time to see them having to rebuild my product!
In the 15 minutes of actual airtime they have in a given 30 minute time slot, they cant show much. You will certainly never see the guy throwing the $hit against the wall in frustration. You see him start on it, and then you see wide shots of the entire finished project, with little explanation given. I just love how they make an entire weekend project look like it can be done in an hour, without even getting your hands dirty.
I would pay for the DVD of the episode if it showed the ENTIRE build, and all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. That would be good viewing. But it would probably also be a 30 DVD set. :roflsmiley:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010 - 04:04:58 PM by tommyg29 »
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....